[OT] 17 years left. What to do?

Ulrick

First Post
Here's an idea that I thought of all by myself...

I think that when the time comes the US goverment should hire some oil driller roughnecks to go up in two space shuttles and land on the asteriod. They would then drill into the asteriod and insert and thermonuclear device and detonate it.

Does anybody else think that's great idea? ;)

Ulrick

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
The ozone comment was a crack. Of course it wouldn't stop it, it is an obscure reference to something George carlin once said, he seemed to think it would be funny if an asteroid came in through a hole in the ozone, burned the rainforest as it passed, and landed on a spotted owl. Irony.

As for the skip/bounce thing it is widely accepted that when the Yucatan incident occured that a good portion of the rock skipped back into space, it was 5km object.

In reference to it losing mass, true comets do and asteroids do not, yet we really are not too clear of the physical composition of the object as of yet, that is what I was trying to infer.

I am by no means an astronomer or for that matter a scientist, just a dork.

Thanks though for reading my post, it is nice to be acknowledged, I feel so lonely out here. : )

Ulrick

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
If it where 17 days then I would send the article to some girls and convince them they have an awful little time to get some good sex done...

Yeah, and when they found out it was a lie they'd make you wish world had ended... :)

Ulrick

Remove ads