• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] A holiday in Dublin

mmadsen

First Post
As for the gaming stores, I'd like a few addresses of local gaming stores of good repute. Preferably ones that stock Reaper and Confrontation minis and d20 products.
Monte Cook recommends Greenwood Games ("Online store for Irish gamers run by some very nice people in Dublin.") on his links page -- but a quick look at their page reveals that they're an on-line store.

Mytholder

Game stores...the only bricks-and-mortar one I can think of is Sub City, which is off Grafton Street (I can't recall the exact address, but it's in the city centre). That's mostly comics with a few gaming books, and is nothing to write home about.

However...Ireland's old con Leprecon is on Trinity College on the 14th to the 16th. Detailshere. The trade hall at Leprecon will have stands from most of the Irish gaming shops, so you might be able to pick up some stuff there. Plus, it's a fun con.

NiTessine

Explorer
Mytholder said:
Game stores...the only bricks-and-mortar one I can think of is Sub City, which is off Grafton Street (I can't recall the exact address, but it's in the city centre). That's mostly comics with a few gaming books, and is nothing to write home about.

However...Ireland's old con Leprecon is on Trinity College on the 14th to the 16th. Detailshere. The trade hall at Leprecon will have stands from most of the Irish gaming shops, so you might be able to pick up some stuff there. Plus, it's a fun con.

Cool! Thanks!

Maybe this will alleviate the pain and torture of missing the Settra's Return event at my own FLGS... :D

Rydac

Explorer
I've been here a year and Sub-City is as good as it gets from what I can tell for a game shop in Dublin. They are on Exchequer street (which is off Grafton street...turn at the Brown Thomas store) They don't carry miniatures (other than heroclix), and my experience last year was most of their game stock was over at the game con....don't know if they'll have a table there this year, but as noted above there will be dealers from other parts so it is your best bet.

Zander

Explorer
mmadsen said:
Once you've been in a real castle, you realize that they're, in some sense, small, they have no corridors, and the stairs are surprisingly challenging to traverse.

I've been to quite a few castles mostly in England and Scotland, but also in continental Europe. While some castles fit that description, not all do. Leeds and Warwick Castles both have corridors, albeit narrow ones. Windsor Castle isn't small. Some of the rooms are vast. The White Tower at the Tower of London has some pretty big rooms too, though nothing like the size of Windsor's.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads