• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] File sharing programs?

artmc

Community Supporter
I thought I should chime in with a few things:

1). If you use Kazaa/Grokster I would suggest the following link:
Project Insomnia
http://www.project-nsomnia.com/kazaa.html

2). With almost *ALL* of these programs I would really recommend running Ad-aware from Lavasoft. I'm pretty paranoid about security and was suprised at what it found. Plus it's free.
Just one more protection in Safe Computing !

3). Three other sharing apps:

iMesh (not bad, I get very good connection rates from
this app. )

Direct Connect /DC++ (mentioned earlier, most hubs require some minimum sharing on your part to join. Some are just a few Gig to the really big shares: 70 Gig - 100 Gig minimum. I use this more frequently than any other file sharing app. Plus I can find high quality VCD files there. It is not the simplest app to use but once you get used to it, well....... ) :)

Hotline (requires a great deal of paitience, and many servers that are listed as free are just lying to you.

4). One thing that annoys me with Kazaa/Morpheus/Grokster/
Limewire/BearShare/ etc. is the problem that what you select to download isn't often what you were looking for. This happens *FAR* too often with these app. Mostly it's just little brain dead children who are far too lame for their own good.

Sorry I didn't mean to ramble !! :)

* Art *

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads