[OT LOTR] Its Semi Official... Only 30 mins added to DVD :(

Bass Puppet

First Post
Well...

I will purchase both versions and I will love the first one till the second one is released. It sucks it is not going to be one DVD, but hey, did you really think that they were not going to put out two versions?

one version = $
two versions = $$

I guess I just feel lucky that there is a film I have wanted the Movie Industry to do for many years. Now that they have, I can't get enough of it.

*shrugs*

G.A. Donis

First Post
I'll wait for the special edition. No need for me to spend my money twice. Afterall I've waited many years for the movies and can probably wait several more months. However, I will most probably rent the movie only version.

FDP-jason

First Post
more info for you

Hey guys,

Just talked to Fiery James, who just got back from lunch with some of the Universal Studios team (who have the rights up here in Canada for LotR):

August 20 (date subject to change) will see the release of the VHS and DVD for LotR. This will be the theatrical version.

November will see the release of the LotR DVD gift set. It will be 4 DVDs, and possibly come with bookends (modeled on the statues in the movie!) The regular DVD will be in there, along with a DVD with behind-the-scenes stuff and the extra footage. Right now, from what he's hearing, the extra footage WILL NOT be recut into the movie - it will be on its own. :(

The other DVDs will contain documentaries (such as the recent National Geographic special or another special that just came out).

ALSO, for those people who bought the DVD when it first came out in August, there will likely be a mail-in promotion to receive the single DVD with the additional footage (like the promo they did with Jurassic Park 3 up here....)

Of course, these are very preliminary details, and subject to vast change, but that's how things seem to stand right now...

Care of you friendly neighbourhood Fiery Dragon team.

- Jason

G.A. Donis

First Post
You have to be careful...

DVDs released in different regions (or countries) do not always have the same bonus materials and release dates as those released in the U.S

Harlequin

First Post
Re: more info for you

FDP-jason said:
Hey guys,

The regular DVD will be in there, along with a DVD with behind-the-scenes stuff and the extra footage. Right now, from what he's hearing, the extra footage WILL NOT be recut into the movie - it will be on its own. :(

- Jason

From what i understood listening to Peter Jackson he
specifically said that he spent time RE - editing the film to
put the 30 min footage in...

Thats from the man himself...

I will not buy the SE DVD if the 30 mins extra footage isnt
edited into the film and just left as extra footage...:(

Harlequin

Someguy

First Post
pure captialism...that's all I have to say..

well...I lied...
I think he should also put out the film with 4hours as well, but I guess he is distracted, just a little ;) .
Even if it is after the other reasles, i think he shoudl do it,I would by it..and i guess this is why he is putting this out...

hmm...it is late, me go to bed...end this dreadful day...

Remove ads