• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Shadowrun Seattle: MUSH

Rayston

First Post
I know its WAAAAY off topic (heck its not even the right rules system)

but I still thought Id post my favorite place to game

Shadowrun Seattle: MUSH

I just thought Id spam out my favorite place to Play shadowrun to all
you guys.

shadowrun.dnaco.net 4201

Its a Shadowrun MUSH

for info on MUSH'es and all MU*'s for that matter you can go to

http://www.mudconnector.com

You can connect to the MUSH with just a simple telnet client but I
would suggest getting a real MU* client

a good one is available at

http://simplemu.onlineroleplay.com/

and you can find out more about this MUSH at

http://www.dnaco.net/~shadow

although I admit our webpage is admittedly a little out of date.

you can go ahead and email me directly at rayston@y... if you
have any questions.

Rayston

First Post
Cool

Then I encourage you to try it out.

I am on either as Cowboy if in Player mode, or Rayston if in Admin mode.

I encourage anyone who likes shadowrun to try it out, if you have never tried MU*'es your missing out, theyre a great place to experience some good RP.

Rayston

Ramien Meltides

First Post
Seattle can be fun.

The pro's: a 24/7 gaming environment. Move beyond the tabletop and take your character into a world where you can literally scheme for weeks if you want. Nearly anything you can imagine can be done.

Also, it's nice to be able to log on at 2 in the AM and find people to roleplay with. Lots of situations that would never come up at the tabletop (such as falling in love or betrayal by a best friend) can be experienced in the MUSH. Seattle's got a very nicely detailed city that you can explore, with it's own NPC's and settings to interact with.

The cons:
Anything that applies to the internet applies here. There are people who are going to tick you off, big time. There are people who will ignore you or insult you for no apparent reason. Being a "newbie" is probably the roughest part of the experience.

Also, some groups on the MUSH (like the organized crime folks) have ridiculous amounts of power over what happens to you or around you. You can die for looking at someone funny.

Finally, the character creation process is a nightmare. You need to have the latest edition of Shadowrun, you have to be willing to compromise neary every aspect of your character concept to no less than two staff reviews of your sheet, and you probably won't be able to do everything you think you should be able to.

Shadowrun is time intensive, but it can be very rewarding. I tried it, liked it, loved it, hated it, and now I just tell people about it.

Rayston

First Post
Below is the quote with my responses

Ramien Meltides said:
Seattle can be fun.

The pro's: a 24/7 gaming environment. Move beyond the tabletop and take your character into a world where you can literally scheme for weeks if you want. Nearly anything you can imagine can be done.

True, My second favorite aspect of this MUSH

Also, it's nice to be able to log on at 2 in the AM and find people to roleplay with. Lots of situations that would never come up at the tabletop (such as falling in love or betrayal by a best friend) can be experienced in the MUSH. Seattle's got a very nicely detailed city that you can explore, with it's own NPC's and settings to interact with.

Also True, my absoloute favorite thing about this MUSH.

Example : I play a character who has delusions of being a detective. He also does runs. Once, I was on a run as a sort of substitute because one of the normal characters with this particuilar team couldnt make it. I realized about halfway through that the person I was subbing for, I was currently being employed to spy on. Kinda freaked me out. but it was cool, and is a good example of how really cool things can happen entirely unintentionally.

The cons:
Anything that applies to the internet applies here. There are people who are going to tick you off, big time. There are people who will ignore you or insult you for no apparent reason. Being a "newbie" is probably the roughest part of the experience.

hmmm, I had a pretty good experience as a newbie. but I had OOC Friends who helped me out somewhat. Also as a PHA ( Player Help Admin ) I try my best to soften the blow for newbies. but your probably correct, alot of people have bad experiences before they become entrenched in the various plots and politics. i.e while still a newbie.

Also, some groups on the MUSH (like the organized crime folks) have ridiculous amounts of power over what happens to you or around you. You can die for looking at someone funny.

Yes, I agree completely. one of my least favorite aspects of the MUSH.

Finally, the character creation process is a nightmare. You need to have the latest edition of Shadowrun, you have to be willing to compromise neary every aspect of your character concept to no less than two staff reviews of your sheet, and you probably won't be able to do everything you think you should be able to.

Compromise? hmm. although I had friends, none of them were in a situation to help out my application process. and I compromised nothing. but I suppose this may be an experience for some. I ( Being a PHA) reject apps for various reasons. some would consider changing your character to meet the needs of the MUSH as compromise. I even suppose some would be right. for me there was no compromise.

Shadowrun is time intensive, but it can be very rewarding. I tried it, liked it, loved it, hated it, and now I just tell people about it.

Thanx for the comments ramien, I appreciate your balanced view.

BTW

who do/did you play?

Thanx

Rayston

Ramien Meltides

First Post
I played a number of characters on Seattle.

My most favorite character was Alita, but the one I'm probably best known for (or worst known for) was X'ian, whom I played back when I was young and very very dumb.

All my characters have been street-samurai types. This is a general comment to all would-be runners who are thinking about Seattle: The Matrix on Seattle is second to none. Some of the people who playtested the current edition's Matrix books run the show, and they're among the best in the business.

Rayston

First Post
Ramien Meltides said:
I played a number of characters on Seattle.

This is a general comment to all would-be runners who are thinking about Seattle: The Matrix on Seattle is second to none. Some of the people who playtested the current edition's Matrix books run the show, and they're among the best in the business.

I would highly agree, Decking on Seattle is a blast. I have long considered stassissing my rigger and gettin a deck.

Thanx

Rayston

Remove ads