[OT - SW] Official Episode 2 Opening Week Boycott Thread

Rinndalir

First Post
It's time to put up or shut up. Who's with me?

And don't just do it yourself, tell your RL and internet friends too if you can. I've got about 10 people joining me, more hopefully after a mass email to everyone in my address book (roughly 150 people).

And before anyone says anything, this ain't about trying to cut into Lucas' profits, that's a wet dream. (Would be nice tho. :D) It's about I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y. It's about caring that something special has been turned into a Jar-Jar toy. It's about Lucas not giving a rat's ass what his fans think. In other words, it's purely personal.

So, any more takers?

KDLadage

Explorer
Nope. In fact, I will be seeing this film three times in the first weekend, thanks to some friends with incompatable schedules.

I have tickets for a midnight showing the first morning (with a group of about 10 friends); I have to see it again on Friday with my wife and family, and again Sunday with several other friends.

For me it is about Lucas having the right to do whatever he wants with his own toybox. And me having teh right to enjoy watching it no matter how I feel he may or may not have sold out. Its his story. He can tell it any way he wants to.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I probably won't be seeing it in the opening weekend either. Simply because I've already seen it and will be deep into exams when it premiers.

It's good!

WanderingMonster

First Post
At 12:01 on Thursday the 16th, I''ll be flagellating myself as I sit in the theatre. Maybe by repeating this exercise several times next week, I will have developed such an aversion to seing Star Wars films on opening weekend that I will bleed whenever I think about it.

Crothian

First Post
I'll be seeing it this weekend, many, many times. I undestand your point of view, but I'm not going to make a stand over it. It's not that big of deal Persoanlly, I never expected much from these. The books were so bad that it killed all expectations of were Star Wars was going.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
I, 30 of my classmates, and 10 of my teachers will be seeing it the midnight it opens. Because it's just a movie, and taken it on its own rather than using some unfair standard of compairison, even Episode I was a good movie.

The Crimster

First Post
Favorite line from the movie The Terminator:

"Look honey, in a hundred years, who's gonna care?"

That said, I will be seeing it as soon as possible. Yes, I though PM was a piece of dung. Yes, I have reservations about the upcoming movie. But I'm not going to waste my energy or time with futile and pointless rebellions.

Also - there are a great many other issues out there that are far more worthy of your time and energy (and desire to gather up like minded folks!). I won't go into exactly what you could be protesting against - I'm sure you can figure out something.

My $0.02.

Remove ads