• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT - SW] Official Episode 2 Opening Week Boycott Thread

kreynolds

First Post
CamelToe said:
This boycott was much more successful than I ever imagined. Lucas has drastically cut the amount of theaters the movie is playing in once he heard about this boycot.

I know he said it was to ensure a top quality audio and visual experience, but we know the truth.

Good job guys!

LOL Whatever. Lucas had nothing to do with that. It's all about 20th Century Fox. ;)

Last edited:

Sulimo

First Post
Wolfspider said:

Wow. Really? Kevin Smith loved it? :eek:

Consider my doubts and worries completely dispelled. I'll be there opening day! :D

(If you can't tell, I really respect Kevin Smith's opinion.)

Of course he didnt like Spidey. Well, at least thats what his statements have inferred.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Screw Kevin Smith Week!

My girlfriend's film (well, a film she was in and helped make anyway) won the Best Comedy Award in the Star Wars Fan Film Awards, and Kevin Smith failed to play it, or the category, on the Sci-Fi channel show he hosted (despite telling everyone prior to the show that the prize for winning included being shown on the sci-fi channel, requesting their permission to show it on the sci-fi channel, and including it in the preview commercials for that sci-fi channel show). See Stargeeks at http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_838

Now granted, I'm sure it was nothing personal, since several other categories of winners failed to appear on the show (and some of the crappier categories did show up). And it was probably some lame editing decision that he had nothing to do with. But still, I am in "Screw Kevin Smith Mode" for this week!

But after this week he will be back in my book as a great film-maker, fine comics creator, and all around swell guy.

WanderingMonster

First Post
Re: Re: Who Cares?

RiggsWolfe said:

To me, a sheep would be not going to see the movie simply because of pressure from people like him.

People shouldn't oughta make sheep do anything they don't want to. Baa=Baa.

Originally posted by punKiac
If Jack in the Box strated serving human flesh I wouldn't eat there just b/c its Jack in the Box. I have morals.

You're right, of course. Incisors and bicuspids are your best bet for eating meat--human or otherwise. Morals are just for mashing and grinding. But what does this have to do with anything?

Sulimo

First Post
Re: Re: Who Cares?

RiggsWolfe said:
To me, a sheep would be not going to see the movie simply because of pressure from people like him.

I dont think I'm a sheep. More like a crack addict, and bad or not it's still crack. And I gotta get my fix.

Rinndalir

First Post
zerowingbump.gif

Remove ads