[OT][WOTC] Axis & Allies ... RPG?

SableWyvern

Adventurer
Why not?

Taking on a well established and very simple game like axis and allies would have to be a lot easier than starting a whole new game (ie Chainmail).

NB: the "very simple" comment is just a statement of fact, not an attempt to bag A&A.

OTOH, the info posted could be inferring that WotC is going to expand the line. Don't really know what could be done in that direction; attempts to create expansion sets could be a little difficult. Added complexity could take away a large part of the game's appeal, as something that you can sit down and play over a few hours, as an impulse decision, and without any great seriousness.

Tsyr

Explorer
Actualy, A&A has two expansions already... "War in the Pacific" and "War in Europe", I think they are called, and though I own neither, I have played them. War in the Pacific is pretty good... War in Europe is just a good excuse to slaughter germany, there isn't much fun being them, at least in my experience.

I'd like to see the old A&A updated to include the new rules and units from those two expansions, myself, as well as coming with a bigger and more segregated board.

Tsyr

Explorer
Yeah, I suppose that's a bit more accurate. The only people I know who play them though are people who already play the main game, so I tend to think of it as an expansion.

Remove ads