[OT] Would all the Aussies, please stand up?

DDK

Banned
Banned
I spent a year in exile from these boards due to... err... 'political' reasons... yeah, that sounds good, political reasons.

About a year ago I crawled back, tail between the legs, and re-registered, mainly because I needed feedback on my game and but also because I wanted to talk D&D in a place where my players didn't go.

However, in several months, I only registered about sixty posts, until recently that is. Lately I have been spending a lot of time here, mainly out of boredom but also out of a need to share ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc. about the hobby I love.

Anyway, on to the point of this post. The addition of the 'Location' feature has been grabbing my attention the more I come here. Since I've recently been coming here a lot more, it's been grabbing my attention all that much more.

One thing I have noticed, is that there are a whole lotta Aussies frequenting the place. So I thought, why not take an Aussie-only census?

So, put yer hand up, mate, and say g'day, an' be proud to proclaim that yer an Aussie! :)

P.S. Have you ever noticed just how damn pervasive we are as a people? I mean, there's only 19 million of us, but we're EVERYWHERE. I swear, we're slowly taking over the world :)

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
*waits for the Aussies to stand up so he can throw things at them in revenge for them being so much better at cricket than us* :D

There might not be much point of course. You'll probably just catch them and throw them back harder...:D

DDK

Banned
Banned
Tallarn said:
There might not be much point of course. You'll probably just catch them and throw them back harder...:D
You're right, but I'd do it mainly 'cause you threw it at me. That, and I hate cricket. I mean, it has to be one of THE dullest games on the planet, with the exception of golf and lawn bowls. I mean, I hate Aussie Rules football too, but at the very least, there's blood :)

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Fourecks said:

You're right, but I'd do it mainly 'cause you threw it at me. That, and I hate cricket. I mean, it has to be one of THE dullest games on the planet, with the exception of golf and lawn bowls. I mean, I hate Aussie Rules football too, but at the very least, there's blood :)

Sorry to keep hijacking your thread like this...

Have you ever been to a game of baseball? Jeez, I thought cricket was dull before I went to a baseball game. You may say that cricket takes 5 days (sometimes) and baseball only 5 hours, but believe, cricket is action packed compared to baseball. *shudders*

KnowTheToe

First Post
Tallarn said:

Sorry to keep hijacking your thread like this...

Have you ever been to a game of baseball? Jeez, I thought cricket was dull before I went to a baseball game. You may say that cricket takes 5 days (sometimes) and baseball only 5 hours, but believe, cricket is action packed compared to baseball. *shudders*

No sport is boring when you attend a live game. On TV, baseball is as boring as bowling, but live you have friends, sun and beer. Tell me, how can that be dull :)

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
The team was Lynchburg, Virginia. I went with my brother and my parents. My brother is married and lives in the states, we were on holiday.

the game is SO SLOW. Out comes the batter. He tests a bat. Swish. Swish. Nope, not good enough. Tries another bat. Swish, swish. Hmmm. Nope. Tries a third bat. Swish, swish. OK.

Meanwhile the other team are throwing the ball around, and eventually it ends up with the pitcher.

He pitches. Whooooosh thunk strike one!

Batsman looks at his bat. Obviously, he needs a new bat. Swish, swish...etc etc.

Meanwhile, behind us is the grizzled veteran of 20 years watching saying things like "It's Joe next. Joe'll do us proud. He's a good boy. You go, Joe!" for five hours.

Seriously, it was dull. And the weather was bad too. :D

Disclaimer: I am exaggerating a small amount. Just a bit. I actually had quite a nice day, it's just that the subtleties of baseball are lost on me. *shrug*

We now return you to the point of this thread - all ENWorld Aussies please stand up!

Airwolf

First Post
I can find Australia on a map, does that count for anything?

P.S. I have to agree with Tallarn, baseball is boring, even live.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
Airwolf said:
I can find Australia on a map, does that count for anything?

That depends. Did you find the version next to Germany (the one hong likes to call home), or the big one down near Antarctica?

Airwolf

First Post
SableWyvern said:

That depends. Did you find the version next to Germany (the one hong likes to call home), or the big one down near Antarctica?

Of course it’s the one by Antarctica. The same country that fought a war with the British over the Falkland Islands back in the 80's. ;)

Regards,
Airwolf

Remove ads