D&D 5E Other PCs for the Starter Set?

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
A. Has anyone created other PCs with good tie-ins to the Starter Set adventure?

and B. Is there anywhere where I can print these out?

Reasons: I am running the Starter Set as my lunchtime activity at the school where I teach. In order to get into the game faster, I would like to have many pregens to choose from. (Usually I do these myself, but, if I can get a few from the net I will take the lazy option ;)).

Hoping for a small group of 4-6, about 14 students showed up to initial meeting. I am going to pair them up to start with; so they share a PC. But I still want a large bunch of PCs to choose from.

I have seen the 1,000 PCs/NPCs thread. What I am after are filled in PC sheets, complete with Flaws, Ideals etc that TIE IN WITH THE STARTER SET.

Cheers, C

I haven't run it yet, but I hope you don't mind if I ask you something.

Are you at all worried that there will be parent backlash about this? Does your school protect you from that sort of thing?

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Not worried. One of the students is my kid (Year 6). He and his friends play Dungeon Command and the D&D boardgame (which I have also used at school - esp at the end of the year).

At the school I have run Roleplaying as a lunch time activity in the past. I have run it as full days for End of Year Activities. I even had it as an Elective once :D

We are a small rural school with a high percentage of sports involvement, so you would think at first there may be some reluctance, but it has never occurred. In fact, a lot of the sporty kids were the ones that really took to it. (Just the way I did when I was young and a teacher (who I now work with) first taught me).

I guess you could say we have had a long tradition of Roleplaying at the school. I have had a lot of older students as part of my Friday night groups over the years. Unfortunately, we longer have enough people for a game now. I travel to meet members of another group 2 hours away (1 of which I taught and introduced to RP ~15 years ago ;)).

No, I am not worried, but will make sure all parents are aware that their children have chosen to be part of this. :)

jadrax

Adventurer
I haven't run it yet, but I hope you don't mind if I ask you something.

Are you at all worried that there will be parent backlash about this? Does your school protect you from that sort of thing?

I know a lot of UK secondary schools (at least) have D&D as lunchtime activity clubs. When I got a job in a RC school I was hoping to set one up, but one already existed which kind of nixed my plans.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I'd be interested in more story hooks for this adventure too, so that if people make characters using Basic they can have a connection to the adventure.

Raith5

Adventurer
Not worried. One of the students is my kid (Year 6). He and his friends play Dungeon Command and the D&D boardgame (which I have also used at school - esp at the end of the year).

At the school I have run Roleplaying as a lunch time activity in the past. I have run it as full days for End of Year Activities. I even had it as an Elective once :D. :)

Great to hear that you are doing this! When I was a kid in the 80s some the teachers ran D&D sessions and it was a great thing for the non-sporty types (and some the sporty types for that matter).

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
[MENTION=83293]nnms[/MENTION] Thanks anyway, but that is a link to the 1,000 PCs I said I DID have.

What I am looking for are PCs done WITH LINKS TO THE STARTER SET MODULE.

Anyway, for those that are reading the thread, I have started putting backgrounds with pictures together for my players to choose from.

I am just giving them the front of the PCs from the box. I have retyped the Background material onto a word doc with a male and female pciture.

I am currently making up several more PCs (using the 1,000 PC PDF for speed) and then writing more backgrounds tying to adventure.

I have only read once (and not quite finished) but there are others to tie PCs to. I am trying to make the PCs less complicated than those in the starter set even ;)

I have attached the ones done as Word docs. They are all from the Starter Set, except the High-elf Rogue. He/she is #283 from the 1,000 PC PDF (linked above thanks to nnms).

Attachments

• Elf - Rogue Criminal.docx
    435.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Elf - Wizard Acolyte.docx
    296 KB · Views: 119
  • Hill Dwarf - Cleric Soldier.docx
    393.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Human - Fighter Folk Hero.docx
    176.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Human - Fighter Noble.docx
    223.4 KB · Views: 95

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Elven Fighter Soldier

Here is another.

#180 on the 1,000 PDF (w changed weapons).

Tied this elf into the dead elf adventurer in the ruined store of Thundertree (and the dragon).

Attachments

• High-Elf - Fighter Soldier.docx
    177.2 KB · Views: 109

Remove ads