Our (as in ENWorld's) tribute to Gary

The Levitator

First Post
I think this is a really touching gesture. I am actually looking forward to seeing it if they display it at the funeral. It will be nice knowing my name is on the list when I'm there. As weird as it sounds, I'm quite proud to be a member of Enworld as I visit here at least 3 times a day.

As much as I've grown to hate Wisconsin winters and look forward to completing our relocation to Reno NV (wife's been there for 6 weeks now), I feel grateful that I am here now so that I can be there to honor someone who had such a profound effect on my life.

Thanks again for doing such a nice thing on our behalf.

-James

Michael Morris

First Post
I called ahead to the funeral home and spoke with the director of the service to insure it could be displayed, and then asked that it be displayed along with the flower arrangement, probably on the wall behind it. The poster has two mounting gromits, so they shouldn't have too much trouble with it. If you could please, I would dearly love to see it photographed alongside the arrangement.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Michael Morris said:
And before anyone wastes an hour of their life hunting it down, I did forget to block Gary's own screen name ( Col_Pladoh ) from being displayed in the list - so it's in there somewhere.

Which I find oddly appropriate.

Since the list presumably includes Angelsboi, Chairman Kaga, and others that are with us in spirit, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Michael Morris

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
Which I find oddly appropriate.

Since the list presumably includes Angelsboi, Chairman Kaga, and others that are with us in spirit, I don't see anything wrong with it.
I didn't take time to do any filtration for members known to have passed away so yes, their names are there. I set the filters at posts > 10 and user isn't banned. Of the nearly 60,000 registered users, 9,819 fit that criteria.

Remove ads