D&D 5E Out of the Abyss and "Reclaiming Blingdenstone"

CapnZapp

Legend
Chapter 6 of Out of the Abyss and the D&D Next Playtest adventure Reclaiming Blingdenstone feel rather familiar.

Anyone that knows both can share what similarities and differences there are?

I'm mostly interested in using bits and pieces of Reclaiming... to enhance my OotA campaign. Any advice?

Too many small and big differences to list them all.

The trade tour is less detailed in OOTA. No more trading certain trade goods for others.
Different NPCs overall. Other factions.

CapnZapp

Legend
Too many small and big differences to list them all.

The trade tour is less detailed in OOTA. No more trading certain trade goods for others.
Different NPCs overall. Other factions.
If you don't want to answer my question that's okay. But if you have experience with Reclaiming..., perhaps you could make a few suggestions on bits and pieces from that adventure which would enhance OotA? :)

I wanted and then noticed it was very different when I lolked into OOTA. I don't have blingdenstone here on my android so I can't really go into detail.

Uder

First Post
I forgot about this adventure! I'm not too familiar either, but from a quick glance it looks very useful.

A few things I noticed from a quick read:
-The House Center changed shape, but you can still use the room descriptions if PCs want to explore after the Battle for Blindgenstone. Might make a good outpost, if the PCs are very friendly with the gnomes.
-If you want to expand on the speaking stone quest there are plenty of ideas in here.
-There is another encounter table for the Wormwrithings; especially useful if you want more low-level or environmental encounters.

CapnZapp

Legend
I forgot about this adventure! I'm not too familiar either, but from a quick glance it looks very useful.

A few things I noticed from a quick read:
-The House Center changed shape, but you can still use the room descriptions if PCs want to explore after the Battle for Blindgenstone. Might make a good outpost, if the PCs are very friendly with the gnomes.
-If you want to expand on the speaking stone quest there are plenty of ideas in here.
-There is another encounter table for the Wormwrithings; especially useful if you want more low-level or environmental encounters.
Thank you, this is exactly the sort of cross-pollination I hoped would be possible :)

It's okay. Really, you don't HAVE to post until you have something worthwhile to share... ;-)

Ok, in the playtest adventure you had 6 missions.

I especially liked the trading mission to Mantol-Derith (chapter 6) although it played out worse than I expected. What I really liked was the Idea of trading certain goods into others and it was a bit of running around and interacting with different traders until you finally get what you want.
You may pillage that part for OOTA, because there the adventurers should also get some duergar weapons, but it is far less detailed.

You may also pillage the boon and bane chapter. Entemoch´s boon and Ogremochs bane are used in both adventures. And reclaiming blingdenstone als has some more details you may use. It also has a part where you actual fight the bane.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases