• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OUT OF THE ABYSS Preorders Live

Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble both now allow you to pre-order Out of the Abyss for $49.96. Both have the already-confirmed release date of September 15th, 2015. Out of the Abyss is the seventh studio album released by the band Manilla Road. Oh, it's also the upcoming hardcover adventure, part of the Rage of Demons storyline, produced for WotC by Green Ronin. "The demon lords have been summoned from the Abyss and players must descend into the Underdark with the iconic hero Drizzt Do’Urden to stop the chaos before it threatens the surface." (thanks to Charles Akins for the scoop).

Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble both now allow you to pre-order Out of the Abyss for $49.96. Both have the already-confirmed release date of September 15th, 2015. Out of the Abyss is the seventh studio album released by the band Manilla Road. Oh, it's also the upcoming hardcover adventure, part of the Rage of Demons storyline, produced for WotC by Green Ronin. "The demon lords have been summoned from the Abyss and players must descend into the Underdark with the iconic hero Drizzt Do’Urden to stop the chaos before it threatens the surface." (thanks to Charles Akins for the scoop).

machineelf

Explorer
I'm really excited for this one. I like the idea of the Underdark getting infiltrated with demons and making it an Alice in Wonderland-esque world. I also fully expect Drizzt's presence in the AP to be minimal. For those who don't like the idea of this AP, to each their own. I think it sounds very promising, and I would put my bet on the idea that it will end up surprising the naysayers.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I honestly can say I dont mind Drizz't but thats mainly because it showed us a society we hadnt seen before. The first book in particular gives us some GOOD detail (not really the first book but the novel in which he is born/trains/flees) on Drow Society. The houses, how they advance, who fits the cultural roles within society. RA wrote the complexities of Drow Society well.

What disheartened me was when other authors made their own Good align drow and started there own novel range, because they never presented Drow society the same way.

Ive also preordered the book

Last edited by a moderator:

delericho

Legend
Geez WotC...Not complaining here but we're just now finishing Lost Mines...tonight will be our 8th session, each session has averaged about 5 hours. So we're closing in on 40 hours of play from a 32 page adventure. And you have since released TWO 200+ page adventure paths. Not. Enough. Time. To. Game....

It's the same frequency as Paizo use, and probably has one of the same motivations: their 'storylines' are being sold as much to be read as to be played.

And, FWIW, I'm in the same boat: I'm actually yet to read through the DMG, and have managed exactly two sessions of play in 5e. :)

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
To be honest, you dont NEED the DMG to play 5e. You dont need the MM (unless you want to use some beast options for the Ranger and Druid). All you need is the PHB.

As a DM I dont use the DMG very often. Its mainly PHB and MM for me.

delericho

Legend
To be honest, you dont NEED the DMG to play 5e. You dont need the MM (unless you want to use some beast options for the Ranger and Druid). All you need is the PHB.

Oh, I know. We were quite happy running those two sessions with just Basic. But I want to read through the DMG, if only so I can add a review to my tally. :)

Mercurius

Legend
Why tweek an adventure when it would be better to just have an Underdark campaign guide that I could use to create my own stories?

Better yet, why not an Underdark campaign guide that has a book of one-off adventures and suggestions for meta-arcs? Best of both worlds.

delericho

Legend
Why tweek an adventure when it would be better to just have an Underdark campaign guide that I could use to create my own stories?

The problem is that that has been done. Several times. Any of those books could easily be the source you want - after all, if it's just a campaign guide you want then that's fluff, so the need for conversion is minimal.

If Drizzt is in the adventure, its an automatic pass for me.

Why, we already know he has a minor role.

Also a big reminder to people, if you guys want to use the Demon Lords in your games this will be the book that has their stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
If I do buy and run this Adventure Path, then I am going to make sure that Drizzt is Mary Sueing the hell out of this - if only to see how long he lasts before being struck down by the PCs.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads