"Out of the Frying Pan" - Book II: Catching the Spark (Part Two) - {complete}

Black Bard

First Post
Great post!!! This monster hunt is proving to be a big challenge for the characters, especially if this freaky thing regenerates all the damage they`ve dealt so far...:(

“Too late,” Martin replied, thinking of the Book of Black Circles.
I don`t know, but I think that this simple phrase vividly pictured all the emotional stress the paty is passing through... You`re a devious DM!!! A fact that only confirms how wonderful this story is, with such great players. Congratulations, Nemm!!

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Hi, Nemm, compadre. Sorry fr having been missing from here so long time. Horacio is back to the Story Hour Forum...

It has been a long long time, and a difficult one for me, and it's not still solved. For the full story, you can go here.

So simply to say 'hello!' It's good to be here again. Now I have many stories to read until I arrive to the last chapters of all of them, so I begin right now.

Cyronax

Explorer
Hey nemm, I just saw the "Gangs of New York" movie today. Great movie, I think Lewis deserves an Oscar for best actor/supporting actor for his role as Bill Cunning/Cutting (?).

Anyway, I was struck by how the events of the movie, which were based off the NYC Civil War draft riots seemed a bit similar to the events that took place in Herman Land's capital during the start of this story hour (the tense drafts for the Black Islands Rebellion).

Knowing that you're a New Yorker, I just wanted to know if any of that kind of thing showed up in your campaign world.

Later,
C.I.D.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Cyronax said:

Anyway, I was struck by how the events of the movie, which were based off the NYC Civil War draft riots seemed a bit similar to the events that took place in Herman Land's capital during the start of this story hour (the tense drafts for the Black Islands Rebellion).

Knowing that you're a New Yorker, I just wanted to know if any of that kind of thing showed up in your campaign world.

Later,
C.I.D.

Who knows what Verdun might be like if the PCs ever return there, or if another campaign ends up there or in that part of the world - one of the things about the "Out of the Frying Pan" campaign that is VERY different than past Aquerra campaigns is its isolation. . .

Past campaigns have traveled all throught out the "heart" of Aquerra - including Thricia, Neergaard, the Kingdom of Herman Land, the Archduchy of Wallbrook, Haffar's Port and of course, Derome-Delem

There has also been a lot more knowledge of what is going on abroad in past campaigns through the "Dwarf Wall" (do you know what the "Dwarf Wall" is? Perhaps if these PCs knew of what was happening in the rest of the world their choices might be different - but probably not :D

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
ROLL CALL!!!!

Alright - who's here?

I think it's about time that all my readers step up to at least say "I'm here", whether they be lurker or no. I am just curious what and who my "regular audience" is. . .

So, just step right up and post and I will edit this post to reflect who that audience is.

Oh and just to make it fun, please post what city/country you are living in - so we can see how diverse we are in terms of location.

Thanks. :D

"Out of the Frying Pan" Reader List
-----------------------------------------------------
Felix - Arlington, VA
Tareth Greenbriar - Pensacola, FL
Cyronax - (Northern) VA
Eduardo_Sauron - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
head explody - New Orleans, LA
MavrickWeirdo - Mass
Black Bard - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Poto Knezer- Grants Pass, OR
Pillars of Hercules - Austin, TX
Horacio - Brest (France)
Ziggy - Trondheim, Norway
Snoweel - Balmain, NSW, Australia
Sammael99 - Paris, France

Last edited:

head explody

First Post
Brief de-lurk as well. First story hour that got my addicted to these things, so I suppose I owe you that much. I think I saw a link from nutkinland, one of your teasers perhaps? Probably.. don’t know anyone else who pimps your story hour there.. anyway..

21 male New Orleans, LA. Enjoy this story hour a lot, and I haven’t played d&d in years. I hope to try out 3e one day. It looks like it would be really good, at least judging by what I have seen here and supulchrave's story hour..

Last edited:

Poto Knezer

First Post
checking in

I'm 34, in Grants Pass, OR. I haven't played much DnD recently, but absolutely LOVE this story. By far the best I've read, & a chief catalyst in getting back into RPGs. I only wish I could find a campaign & DM this good out here. Thanks for all the updates, Nemm. Your loyal readers do appreciate.

Remove ads