"Out of the Frying Pan" - Book II: Catching the Spark (Part Two) - {complete}

Sammael99

First Post
nemmerle said:
Ooh yeah! I am six pages into the next installment. . .

Do you want a spoiler?

Highlight this space below:

| . . . . . . . . |

6 PAGES ?

And that spoiler !

Man, I can't wait...

WOOHOO BRING IT ON NEMM !

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: By quoting me - you made the spoiler readable. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Size Matters?

SO, I am on page TEN of my next installment - and I thought - Let me ask my loyal readers. . .

Do you prefer shorter or longer installments? Not that this is going to change how I do it - I usually follow the rhythm of the action and discovery - making it as short or as long as I feel works for the installment in terms of the whole story - but I was curious if anyone finds these too long.

Of course, I think my attention to detail in dialogue (sometimes allowing PCs to recapitulate facets of the plot in order to remind the reader what is happening) adds a great deal to the actual length - so it is not so much word count as format.

Anyway, sound off. . .

Oh, and I am not sure if I ever brought this thread - but it has a nice overview of campaign plot elements assembled by Beorth's player - it is not up to date with the current sessions - but I believe encompasses everything up to when the party is about to go see the druids.

Black Bard

First Post
Long installments...

Nemm, if it's good stuff ( as yours...) it can be as long as a dragon's tail...:p

I don't know if you folks agree with me, but, Richard the Red is simply the best NPC in the story...

Sammael99

First Post
Re: Size Matters?

nemmerle said:
SO, I am on page TEN of my next installment - and I thought - Let me ask my loyal readers. . .

Do you prefer shorter or longer installments? Not that this is going to change how I do it - I usually follow the rhythm of the action and discovery - making it as short or as long as I feel works for the installment in terms of the whole story - but I was curious if anyone finds these too long.

Of course, I think my attention to detail in dialogue (sometimes allowing PCs to recapitulate facets of the plot in order to remind the reader what is happening) adds a great deal to the actual length - so it is not so much word count as format.

Anyway, sound off. . .

Do as you feel it, Nemm. In my Terres Anciennes SH I write rather long installments but my new Fadins Suns SH (in French and in English) has rather shorter installments.

Yours are bound to be as pleasing as ever however long they are. And RtR would be an added bonus...

Metus

First Post
I'll say I like the longer updates. Much more meatier. And it's good to see you got your comp problems resolved, Nemm.

I feel your pain

Nemm,

Post long or short, we'll all read it!

Also, I feel your pain on the computer problems. My hard drive crashed a few weeks ago (!) and I've only just now gotten enough functionality back to get online.

My e-mail still doesn't work (cause I screwed it up trying to restore my old e-mails), so if you've e-mailed me about your trip to Austin in the last few weeks I didn't get it. If you are still planning to come post on the board and I'll e-mail you my phone number so we can meet up like we discussed.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
If it is not on thing is it is another. . .

Despite how close I am to finishing my next installment, I have been sick as a dog for the last three days and can barely form a cohesive sentence, let alone work on the story hour :(

I think I may have to cancel my game tomorrow. :(

Remove ads