"Out of the Frying Pan" - Book II: Catching the Spark (Part Two) - {complete}

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Manzanita said:

On another topic, I love how critical hits work in this story hour. I've been keeping an eye on Aquerra.com, but that table hasn't been published. Would you be willing to share your critical hit tables with us? I'm starting a campaign soon & would sure love to use them.

As the players know - the crit system we use is DEADLY. . .

But I'll see what I can do about posting it either to my website or to the House Rules forum - keep an eye out for a linky. . . :D

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
The End of Book Two

And so ends Book Two - not with a bang, but with a whimper. . .

However, Book III: Fanning the Embers is starting right away - the first part is subtitled: THE ADVENTURES OF THE FEARLESS MANTICORE KILLERS & THE NECROPOLIS OF DOOM!!!

This new thread is also my attempt to drawn in some more readers - and to have have an aside that does not quite fit into the grand scheme of the three "books".

So, you should stop by the thread - read the overviews of the characters and the plot - I may be adding more over the next few days and expect the "first" installment in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hmmmm, I was certain that last installment would start a debate on whether or not the party did the right thing to let Ephraim go. . .

Dawn

First Post
I would imagine that a lot depends on whether or not Martin’s letter makes it back with Ephraim. He decides to just “lose” the letter on the way and propagate his own story, the won’t be any peace in the region for some time.

I do agree with the party in that the couldn’t just “capture” him and drag him along.

Black Bard

First Post
Well, I disagree with Dawn... I'm sure that our brilliant Ephraim will picture a real bad characterization of the facts occurred with the kind gnomes... No wonder, afterall, he saw all his friends die at their hands...
Too bad for the Manticore Killers....

Dawn

First Post
Wouldn’t bringing him along against his will depend on the alignment of the players? I’m not sure what the alignment ratio is among the players, but they seem to tip towards the lawful side.

I admit that Ephraim will not paint a pretty picture. I also say he “loses” the letter Martin is sending with him.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Personally, I don't see alignment playing much of a role in the decision - I could see someone of any alignment deciding either way. . .

I think for the party it was a matter of practicality and the man's actual safety. . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases