Pathfinder 1E Over-Optimized

DrunkonDuty

he/him
CoDzilla works straight out of the PH in 3e.

Oh yeah, I feel that. That same party had a druid. Once they were high enough level they spent their whole life wandering about as a shambling mound, grapple attacks + reach. Took a level dip in monk for Stunning Fist.

Party also had a wizard. 'nuff said.

The poor guy playing the party rogue felt very useless in comparison. But after the rogue died he played a paladin. Those things are just unstoppable.

Final fight of the campaign, poor Queen Elvana from Reign of Winter AP, didn't have a hope. I even gave her a couple of extra demodand mooks and had a meticulous plan for her spells. Nah. The paladin just kept coming.

Good times. :cool:

Voadam

Legend
Oh yeah, I feel that. That same party had a druid. Once they were high enough level they spent their whole life wandering about as a shambling mound, grapple attacks + reach. Took a level dip in monk for Stunning Fist.
And wisdom to AC that continues in wildshape. :)

The poor guy playing the party rogue felt very useless in comparison. But after the rogue died he played a paladin. Those things are just unstoppable.

Final fight of the campaign, poor Queen Elvana from Reign of Winter AP, didn't have a hope. I even gave her a couple of extra demodand mooks and had a meticulous plan for her spells. Nah. The paladin just kept coming.
The difference in 3e to PF smite is quite substantial.

One buff to damage on a swing that might miss X times per day versus buffs to significant defense and attacks from a target for the combat x times per day. Not a 4e defender role at all but perfect for taking on a solo BBEG opponent.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
And wisdom to AC that continues in wildshape. :)

Oh yeah! I'd forgotten that. That druid's AC was insane.

I should point out that it was my over-optimising self that suggested the player take the level dip in monk. (The player is not an optimiser.)

The difference in 3e to PF smite is quite substantial.

One buff to damage on a swing that might miss X times per day versus buffs to significant defense and attacks from a target for the combat x times per day. Not a 4e defender role at all but perfect for taking on a solo BBEG opponent.

Pally in 3E not worth the effort of playing it. Pally in PF1e is awesome. I'm still hoping to find an opportunity to play one myself. As opposed to GMing them.

Remove ads