• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oxford, UK: Looking for a Game

andrew

First Post
I'm looking to join a d20 game in Oxford. I'd prefer D&D, but I'd also be interested in CoC or a d20 Modern game.

There's got to be someone playing D&D in Oxford!

PurplePCEater

First Post
I don't know about Oxford, but I'm not a million miles away just down in Reading. Don't know if the distance would be a problem?

I'm currently playing in a Realms game here in town of a Monday evening, but that game's pretty full or I might suggest that.

However, I'm wanting to run a second game in my homebrew world as the primary game I run is (a) at best monthly and (b) in Birmingham, as 4 of the 5 players live there (the fifth is my other half). This is fairly unmodified D&D, though I'd also be interested in running D20Modern or maybe Dragonstar.

Being able to get a game off the ground nearer to home has been on my to-do list for a while now, but I'm delaying at present as I'm in the middle of house buying - when that's complete there's going to be enough space for a dedicated gaming room. If you're interested, let me know, though nothing's going to be happening this side of New Year.

With 'er indoors included that's two players... :)

andrew

First Post
I don't know how much of a problem the distance would become. My biggest reservation is the cost. A return train to Reading would end up around £5.50 each trip.

For a regular game, that's about £20 a month. My budget is pretty tight, so I'd have to find someplace to cut the money.

I'm not ruling it out as a possibility, but I'm really hoping for something closer to home.

Keep me in mind as it gets closer to the time. Good luck with the house buying!

Remove ads