Pathfinder 2E Pace of fighting

Green Onceler

Explorer
even -1s and -2s have some impact too many times to rule those spells out as "useless" Burning Hands, a 1st-level spell, making a Level 15 creature miss 20% of its attacks for 1 round is nothing to sneeze at.

But, how does that feel for the Sorcerer, making such a modest contribution to the "fast and furious" combat. Spellcasting certainly doesn't appear "fast and furious" to me.

Not sure what you mean by this. PF2 combat is fast and furious,

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
But, how does that feel for the Sorcerer, making such a modest contribution to the "fast and furious" combat. Spellcasting certainly doesn't appear "fast and furious" to me.

Depends on level.

A sorcerer doesn't contribute as much damage at low level, but boosts damage by reducing AC or saves or adding an action in those early levels.

Then at higher levels they add heavy to the fast and furious damage. My lvl 14 bard added huge damage to several encounters. He did 240 points against 3 targets in a round with a lvl 6 spell that kept one mob stunned for the entire fight. Against another group 302 points of damage in a round with one target taking 104 points and me gaining 52 temporary hit points in a round. Against a dragon recently he hasted the entire group, then against a dragon he hit the monster with a 5th level synesthesia followed by a true target spell in the same round allowing the other PCs to totally destroy the monster in a round.

Casters start off real slow, painfully slow. Then at higher level some kind of switch flips it seems around lvl 11 where they can start blowing things up. It seems to get better the more I level past lvl 11.

I'm still not exactly sure why. I think maybe because mooks at that level are more dangerous as a group with high hit points and AC, but often lower saves which seems to favor blasting them apart with powerful AoE. Or maybe the math seems to shift a little where saves are not as wide. I'm not sure. Or spells just get better at lvl 6 and up. Or maybe a combination of all of those factors.

Remove ads