Pathfinder 2E Paizo drops use of the word phylactery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Lucre

Adventurer
And if there reason involved portraying something positive in a negative way, or relative power dynamics, then that could be consistent?
There isn't going to be a way for you to formulate this rebuttal that I won't be able to come up with an analogous scenario/thought experiment/hypothetical that will cause them to violate their principle.

Either:
a.) Enforce the principle in all situations
b.) Do not enforce the principle in any situation
c.) Do 'A' and accept the charge of hypocrisy

Filthy Lucre

Adventurer
Yes. That's called revision. It happens over time.

If you were in charge of Paizo, how would you handle this?
Oh, then you and I will wait with baited breath for when they remove all this christian and islamic themed elements from their books. Would you like to make a bet on how many years we'll wait?

As to your second question: I would accept the fact that it's impossible to please everyone all the time, firstly.

Then, I would set stake out a set of principles in terms of naming conventions and how we as a company would draw on myths/cultures, and I would apply those principles. If I felt that my principles were sound and justified, I would not change them because someone else is bothered by them. If we went out of business because of it, so be it.

If someone thought that the principles I came to for making these decisions was fallacious, or had some other type of error in it, I would invite them to prove it. If they could, I'd amend the principles and practices so that they stay internally consistent and coherent.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Oh, then you and I will wait with baited breath for when they remove all this christian and islamic themed elements from their books. Would you like to make a bet on how many years we'll wait?

As to your second question: I would accept the fact that it's impossible to please everyone all the time, firstly.

Then, I would set stake out a set of principles in terms of naming conventions and how we as a company would draw on myths/cultures, and I would apply those principles. If I felt that my principles were sound and justified, I would not change them because someone else is bothered by them. If we went out of business because of it, so be it.

If someone thought that the principles I came to for making these decisions was fallacious, or had some other type of error in it, I would invite them to prove it. If they could, I'd amend the principles and practices so that they stay internally consistent and coherent.
How is that any different than what Paizo (and WotC) is doing???

Filthy Lucre

Adventurer
How is that any different than what Paizo (and WotC) is doing???
I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm SUPER flabbergasted you've asked me that when I've pointed out areas of inconsistency multiple times now. Please re-read my post(s).

If phylactery has to go because it's religious adjacent, then all religious adjacent material needs to also go.

1.) If religious, then removed
2.) Phylactery is religious
C. )Therefor, it must be removed.

4.) Demons/Djinn are religious
5.) 1.
C2. ) Therefor, demons/djinn must be removed.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm SUPER flabbergasted you've asked me that when I've pointed out areas of inconsistency multiple times now. Please re-read my post(s).
You're surprised or astonished, let alone super flabbergasted, you were asked that by them? It feels like an analogous question would come up regularly in online forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads