Paizo News Roundup

Hello again my well-traveled friends, you’ve come just in time to catch the latest edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! The Golem seems to be quite generous this time around, giving us plenty of Starfinder and Pathfinder (well, mostly Pathfinder) to chew through and anticipate. Let’s dive in!

Hello again my well-traveled friends, you’ve come just in time to catch the latest edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! The Golem seems to be quite generous this time around, giving us plenty of Starfinder and Pathfinder (well, mostly Pathfinder) to chew through and anticipate. Let’s dive in!

First and foremost, let’s kick things off with the announcement of what I am sure will be a recurring feature in the next few Roundups as more teasers and announcements roll in: the newest Starfinder hardcover release! Starfinder Pact Worlds is the first official campaign setting for Paizo’s shiny new RPG, and it’ll tell us all about the beating heart of the Starfinder universe: the Pact Worlds. Each of the 14 major worlds will receive a lovingly detailed world map, a description of their residents, dominant cultures, and prominent settlements, and hooks for adventures and adventure-worthy locations.

If that wasn’t reason enough to check out Starfinder Pact Worlds, the expansion of options and goodies for players and GMs is. Players get access to themes that customize their characters based on each of the 14 Pact Worlds, as well as playable alien races, new archetypes for every class, and new weapons, armor, spells, feats, and magic items. GMs get new starships to play with, and NPC stat blocks to help streamline encounters of every kind. If you’re into Starfinder at all, this is shaping up to be a must-buy.
Now, on to Pathfinder. Eagle-eyed followers of the Paizo News Roundup may have noticed we started covering the Ruins of Azlant Adventure Path in the last Roundup. Well-intentioned first missteps aside, the Paizo News Roundup will continue to bring you fine folks news about upcoming Pathfinder Adventure Paths.

To the likely amusement of all, we’re proud to announce the end of the Ruins of Azlant Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Path #126: Beyond the Veiled Past. Written by Pathfinder veteran Thurston Hillman, Beyond the Veiled Past is a romp through the submerged ruins of Azlant for 15-th level characters, who must stop the nefarious algollthus from plunging the world into ruin.

Thurston was also kind enough to let us in on his thought process when designing this adventure. Characters can expect to see NPCs and locations return from the very beginning of the Adventure Path, which gives them a chance to see how far they have come and what is at stake. Thurston also teases some revelations hidden in the pages of the adventure: not only will we learn more about the mysterious artifacts known as Decemvirate Helms, but he also lays the groundwork for possible algollthus appearances in other worlds. Starfinder fans, beware…
As you might expect from Adventure Paths, this production also includes possible ways to continue your campaign should the characters succeed or fail, and what might happen to Golarion should these ancient foes rise again. The authors have also helpfully provided an expanded bestiary of monsters to both help and hinder the characters while they race to save the world.

And, finally, there’s been a new Player Companion released for Pathfinder characters of the dogmatic sort. Pathfinder Player Companion: Disciple’s Doctrine offers faith-based characters new options in the form of traits, archetypes, spells, and other class-specific options like Bardic Masterpieces or Magus Arcana. Personally, I like anything that makes my bards more fabulous, so I’m all for it.

That about does it for this edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! Stay tuned to this space for more news from the Golem, and let us know if there’s anything you’d like us to keep an eye out for!

contributed by Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Remove ads

Remove ads