Pathfinder 2E Paizo Officially Supporting Foundry, Free Content Ending

Retreater

Legend
Yes, that is what I've been thinking the whole time. I earnestly hope Retreater is OK. His posts seem to be getting grumpier and grumpier. I know I have had a hard time in the pandemic and I see some of my troubles in his posts. I hope your doing well @Retreater, and if not, that you get the help you need. I'm struggling with that myself.
Thanks. Yeah, life's hard. Lost a friend to suicide a couple weeks ago. Feeling some guilt about it because of my last conversation with him (which was the same day it happened). So I apologize if there's any collateral damage.
This is adding to the already prevailing disconnect of the pandemic and lack of socialization, seeing real humans, gaming in-person, and not really having quality time with anybody.
So, I'm sorry. I guess my complaints don't seem as bad to me as they actually are.

dave2008

Legend
Thanks. Yeah, life's hard. Lost a friend to suicide a couple weeks ago. Feeling some guilt about it because of my last conversation with him (which was the same day it happened). So I apologize if there's any collateral damage.
This is adding to the already prevailing disconnect of the pandemic and lack of socialization, seeing real humans, gaming in-person, and not really having quality time with anybody.
So, I'm sorry. I guess my complaints don't seem as bad to me as they actually are.
Sorry for your loss. It has been really strange how this whole thing has slowly worn on me without me really noticing until it go really bad. Fortunately, realizing it has helped me start to climb out of the pit I was in.

Regarding complaints, I would say many of us our over-sensitive right now. We complain about things we normally wouldn't, and we take complaints harder than we should.

Good luck and I hope D&D / PF2 / RPGs can help you get through. I know this community has played a part in my recovery.

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
That is, genuinely rough, been there too.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
I've had my own experience with suicide. My went through my whole childhood with three friends, two of which were brothers. The older one ended his life in 2012, and I dreamed of him the night prior and tried to reconnect a few days later to learn the news. It was really though and one way to get through it was to stay in contact with his brother. We exchanged for months, trying to make sense of what happened and our place into all of this. Then, in 2018, the younger brother killed himself too. I went back through our conversations and many of the things he said to me were seen in a whole new light.

Suicide is a very hard thing to make sense of, to understand and to accept. I'm mostly at peace with what happened, but I think about them every day and a few times a year it still finds a way to unsettle me and make me ponder about very philosophical topics.

All in all, take care of yourself. You'll hurt, but you'll heal. And in the end, it's a very meager compensation for such a loss, but you'll learn something about yourself and life. If you need to talk, there's friends and family. There's also resources out there. And if all was to fail, you can talk to anyone that will listen. You can message me if you ever need to talk.

Remove ads