Paizo Previews Lost Omens Character Guide

The Age of Lost Omens is the new name for Pathfinder's default setting of the world of Golarion. One of the upcoming Pathfinder 2E releases is the Lost Omens Character Guide, which contains three new ancestries (races) plus new heritages, ancestry feats, and archetypes.

The Age of Lost Omens is the new name for Pathfinder's default setting of the world of Golarion. One of the upcoming Pathfinder 2E releases is the Lost Omens Character Guide, which contains three new ancestries (races) plus new heritages, ancestry feats, and archetypes.

PZO9302.jpg

The latest preview looks at "Access", which complements Prerequisites and allows the PC to take that feat without a storyline-based prerequisite (such as learning from somebody else, or another GM-approved reason), some new ancestry feats, and more.

20190816-tupilaq_carver_500.jpeg

20190816-elemental_heart_dwarf_500.jpeg

20190816-ancient_elf_500.jpeg

20190816-tailed_goblin_500.jpeg

CapnZapp

Legend
We'll see when and if Paizo caves and publish feats that say "you can have uncommon this or rare that".

Feats that themselves are common, that is.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I assume multiclass dedication feats have 2nd level requirements because otherwise martial classes could take them before most casters. In that context, ancient elf doesn’t seem unreasonable. However, this will let you complete your dedication special requirements (taking two archetype feats before taking another dedication) by 2nd level instead of 6th. I have a feeling ancient elves will be unusually common….

CapnZapp

Legend
I assume multiclass dedication feats have 2nd level requirements because otherwise martial classes could take them before most casters.
Not sure if relevant, but:

CRB219 said:
It may be possible to take a class archetype at 1st level
if it alters or replaces some of the class’s initial class features.
In that case, you must take that archetype’s dedication feat
at 2nd level, and after that you proceed normally

kenada

Legend
Supporter
That’s in the section on class archetypes, which are distinct from multiclass archetypes. There aren’t any currently published, and they do different things (changing class features) and have different limitations (you can only have one) from multiclass archetypes.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
I assume multiclass dedication feats have 2nd level requirements because otherwise martial classes could take them before most casters. In that context, ancient elf doesn’t seem unreasonable. However, this will let you complete your dedication special requirements (taking two archetype feats before taking another dedication) by 2nd level instead of 6th. I have a feeling ancient elves will be unusually common….

I'm not sure I follow on this. You get the 2nd level dedication feat at 1st level but all other archetype feats still are at their set levels, 4, 6, and so on. There's no way to take any other archetype feat before those levels. I don't think this sets up more multiclassing. It seems it use is mainly to free up your second level class feat for a multiclass build at the cost of not getting some other cool elf feature.

Remove ads

Remove ads