Paizo Paizo Product Update: January

Happy new year, Paizo fans! This month, we’ll see: the release Pathfinder Lost Omens: Gods & Magic, the continuation of the Attack of the Swarm! Adventure Path, and the start of a brand-new Pathfinder Adventure Path: The Extinction Curse! That’s right, it’s your favorite time of the month: THE PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP!

Happy new year, Paizo fans! This month, we’ll see: the release Pathfinder Lost Omens: Gods & Magic, the continuation of the Attack of the Swarm! Adventure Path, and the start of a brand-new Pathfinder Adventure Path: The Extinction Curse! That’s right, it’s your favorite time of the month: THE PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP!

PZO9303.jpg

Let’s get right down to business. The Pathfinder Lost Omens: Gods & Magic supplement is a dedicated tome for the divinically-inclined, providing options for every character from the stoic and devout paladin to the desperate scoundrel in a foxhole. As with every Pathfinder supplement, it wouldn’t be complete without a bevy of new feats, spells, and domains with which to add some nuance to your holy crusader. And with an index of, and I quote here, “hundreds” of deities to choose from, you’ll be hard-pressed not to pick this one up if only to find someone for your character to swear at when they’re in a jam.

There is also a staggering rogue’s gallery of authors behind Gods & Magic. I recognize some heavy-hitters like Robert Adducci, Adam Daigle, and Isabelle Thorne, just to name a few, and I know the only reason I’m missing other powerhouses is because there’s always more Pathfinder to read. At 128 pages, though, it’s the slimmest supplement to come out of Paizo in a good long while, and one can’t help but wonder if the authors got the same reigned-in treatment they received for the Lost Omens Character Guide.

PZO90151.jpg

Now let’s move on to Adventure Paths! Having wrapped up the Age of Ashes AP, Pathfinder 2E moves on to a smaller but no less thrilling scale – the circus! Have you always dreamed of the spotlight? Did your GM watch too much AHS: Freakshow? Well you’re in luck, because a dead ringmaster means the Circus of Wayward Wonders will forge adventurers from some of its traveling troupe! Not only must the mystery killer be caught before they can strike again, but there’s also that ironclad rule of showbiz to contend with. Can your heroes keep the show on the road? What sinister evil from beyond history itself lurks at the fringes of this plot? HOW MANY OF THE CIRCUS ANIMALS WILL YOUR GM LET YOU KEEP? Find out for yourself in Pathfinder Adventure Path #151: THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

PZO7224.jpg

And, finally, we move to the thrilling climax of the Attack of the Swarm! Adventure Path! Last time, your heroes struck a blow against the hive-mind of the Swarm itself, sending the multi-limbed monstrosities into disarray. With the monsters on the back foot, it’s time to gather together everything you’ve got and deliver the finishing blow – but even now the unrelenting entity known as the God-Host is on the verge of completing its machinations. You’ve got the might of an entire military force behind your knockout punch – but there’s a ding-dang hydra with halos on the cover, y’all! Can your heroes finally defeat the Swarm? What’s your plan for squirreling away as many of those military ships as you can? And most importantly – WILL YOU GET PAID FOR THIS?! It’s time to find out in Starfinder Adventure Path #24: THE GOD-HOST ASCENDS!

Well, that about does it for this edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP, my friends! Stay tuned to this space for more on what’s to come for February and March!

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

JeffB

Legend
Awesome cover art for G&M. I tried watching the video they did about that book the other day when it was released on YouTube, but the hosts made it hard to watch and I turned it off. From what I was able to see the whole book looks amazing!

Remove ads

Remove ads