Pathfinder 1E Paizo shipping to Canada

Feeroper

Explorer
Hey everyone,

I've been an AP subscriber for the past year or so, as well as the Core RPG books and Tales lines.

around October last year they had to make one of my sub shipments in 2 packages (WotR #3, Bestiary 4 and Stalking the Beast). I got the novel, but the box containing the AP and Bestiary 4 never arrived. They all shipped at the end of October and by mid December I tied to contact them. However, for those that had orders at the time, you may recall they had trouble from the massive amount of shipments they were unprepared for due to the Golem Sale. However, they were able to send me a replacement with my next sub shipment.

The next shipment was just WotR #4, but they sent it as 2 shipments again. Now I've received WotR #3 and bestiary 4 1 week ago, but WotR #4 hasn't arrived yet. I know it can take a while to ship to Canada, but I got my shipping notice on Dec 20. If this other one doesn't show up, should mention it to them again? I fee like its going to look suspicious of me. Has anyone else had an experince like this wit Paizo before?

Stormonu

Legend
Personally, I have not had only ever had two items not arrive from Paizo - and that was some years ago, back when they were doing Dragon Magazine.

Seems like this should be discussed on the Paizo boards to get a better reply, but ... if you paid for it, yeah - certainly mention it. I'd be very surprised in this day and age if they couldn't track it and let you know if it is somehow still in transit or got waylaid along the way.

My last two AP subscriptions were super slow as well. It was a couple weeks after GenCon and many days after the PDF of Mythic Adventures was released that my copy shipped. So any non-subscriber could read the book before me.

I've learned to avoid sticking too much in my sidecart. It delays the shipping too much. That, GenCon, and the Golem Sale and the post-Christmas push to use the reward code have certainly slammed their shipping department.
I ordered some minis on the 15th of December (or so), because I realized I lacked a ettin and there was a Reaper Bones of an ettin. My game wasn't for three weeks (the 4th), so I figured that was plenty of time.
It shipping last week. They do say things will ship in 2-15 buisness days and if you're conservative with what qualifies as a business day during the holiday season it might have been on the nose. Still frustrating. Semi-thankfully, the session was cancelled and delayed so I have until Feb 8th to get the mini and paint him.

I think they just don't have enough staff there to keep up with the increased number of customers and that they haven't been able to catch up after the time off at GenCon.
I think they'll have time to catch up in the next few months with fewer big releases prior to next GenCon. Hopefully they'll hire some temp labour for the summer crunch and things will go smoother.

delericho

Legend
If this other one doesn't show up, should mention it to them again? I fee like its going to look suspicious of me.

If you didn't get what you paid for, then you should certainly mention it!

Has anyone else had an experince like this wit Paizo before?

No. My experiences with Paizo's customer service have been universally excellent - in fact, they have the best record of any company I have dealt with.

My guess is that this is just an unfortunate glitch (and quite possibly not one within their control), but it's also something they'll probably work very hard to correct once they know about it.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Depending on who they use to ship, you'll be lucky to see it at all.

My universal experience with deliveries outside of Canada tend to be delays, either at the customs/border, or mysteriously lost in transit when they hand it off to one of the local delivery companies (FedEx or UPS or rarely some other local folks).

My worst experiences have been with UPS. If you're not there at the door, they tend to slap an illegible sticker with a 32(?)-digit tracking code. Assuming you can read them all and CAN track it, you can't arrange a delivery with the locals - "they'll get it to you when they can" is the only answer I've ever gotten from UPS customer service. AND if the local delivery misses you three times, they send it back to the publisher... and around you go.

Unless it's something that isn't pressing or expensive, I generally buy only from BarnesNobles.com or Amazon.ca for online book purchases.

YMMV, of course. :)

Last edited:

Feeroper

Explorer
If you didn't get what you paid for, then you should certainly mention it!

No. My experiences with Paizo's customer service have been universally excellent - in fact, they have the best record of any company I have dealt with.

My guess is that this is just an unfortunate glitch (and quite possibly not one within their control), but it's also something they'll probably work very hard to correct once they know about it.

Yeah, I suppose you are right. I was just concerned this will look odd to them to have happened once already and so recently. Ill give it more time though, maybe the other one jut got tied up longer. They were certainly vey good about replacing the last one that was MIA.

Remove ads