PaizoCon at Local Game Stores

Paizo's annual convention will include local in-person events.

Paizo's annual convention will include local in-person events.
Paizocon.png
As part of the annual PaizoCon celebration, Paizo has announced that they will be partnering with several friendly local game stores as well as partnering again with KublaCon in Burlingame, CA. These stores will receive access to the PaizoCon exclusive Organized Play releases, as well as the ability to participate in the PaizoCon Interactive Specials for both Pathfinder and Starfinder.

“We’ve gotten a lot of requests for a return to in-person PaizoCon activities, but a singular event couldn’t meet our needs,” said Alex Speidel, Paizo’s Organized Play Coordinator and project lead for the PaizoCon@ Initiative, “so we’ve decided to branch out and hold satellite PaizoCon events at local game stores and conventions around the country and abroad. This year’s initiative is a pilot program, which we hope to expand in future years if it proves successful.”

This pilot program will take place in the following stores: Cardboard Corner Café—Overland Park, KS; Dragon’s Lair Austin—Austin, TX; Fanboy3—Manchester, United Kingdom; Fox Den Board Game Café—Burnsville, MN; Game Kastle—College Park, MD; Gaming Etc—Acton, MA; Mighty Meeple—Concord, NC; Mox Boarding House—Bellevue, WA; and The Collective—Orlando, FL.

PaizoCon 2024 takes place May 24–27, 2024, online and in-person.

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
They did have a good mix of TTRPG stuff for what they did have. More than just WotC 5e. All they had for PF2e stuff was the Core Rulebook, which unfortunately they'll probably be stuck with for awhile with the remaster out. :(
They will want to change that if they are hosting a Paizocon event. I understand why the core rulebook might not be stocked though.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Not surprised to see Fox Den on the list. Burnsville MN has a big gaming scene.
I didn't notice that when I skimmed the list. Hadn't heard about Fox Den. Gamezenter (previously Fantasy Flight) and the Source are my go to FLGS. Looks like I'll need to make a trip out to Burnsville.

payn

I didn't notice that when I skimmed the list. Hadn't heard about Fox Den. Gamezenter (previously Fantasy Flight) and the Source are my go to FLGS. Looks like I'll need to make a trip out to Burnsville.
It just opened 3 weeks ago. Im about 3 miles from Gamezenter and 5 from Source so I spend some time there.

It just opened 3 weeks ago. Im about 3 miles from Gamezenter and 5 from Source so I spend some time there.
I wish I lived closer to the Source. That place is amazing. The variety of small 3pp stuff is incredible.

Actually considering I rarely leave there spending less than $100, it’s probably for the best I’m on the opposite side of the Twin Cities from it.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
They did have a good mix of TTRPG stuff for what they did have. More than just WotC 5e. All they had for PF2e stuff was the Core Rulebook, which unfortunately they'll probably be stuck with for awhile with the remaster out. :(

Not necessarily. I bought the core rulebook just a couple weeks ago after the remaster came out. Why you might ask?

A. It's got all of the collected errata (being the 6th printing) and none of the new errors that are in the remaster books.
B. It's got more classes and races and includes the OGL material (which I like).
C. It's waaay cheaper.
D. It's still 100% compatible with the remaster version.
E. I like have the game all in one core rulebook.

Not necessarily. I bought the core rulebook just a couple weeks ago after the remaster came out. Why you might ask?

A. It's got all of the collected errata (being the 6th printing) and none of the new errors that are in the remaster books.
B. It's got more classes and races and includes the OGL material (which I like).
C. It's waaay cheaper.
D. It's still 100% compatible with the remaster version.
E. I like have the game all in one core rulebook.
Good to hear and I definitely hope I'm wrong. If I were starting out in PF2e tomorrow with no books, I'd probably still buy the CRB just to be able to compare differences and see if there's anything they removed that I'd want to use anyhow. I just figured I'm a weirdo and most people would stick with whatever the most recent version is if they're just getting into the game.

payn

Am I an anomaly? Folks make a big big deal about books, but my players and I only use AON. The things we buy are adventures and gaming gear from Paizo.

Am I an anomaly? Folks make a big big deal about books, but my players and I only use AON. The things we buy are adventures and gaming gear from Paizo.
You're not an anomaly IME.

I GM 6 players. 1 owns a CRB, 1 owns the pocket editions of the CRB, APG, and a couple other splatbooks. The other 4 just use the rules in Foundry/AoN and I think they all bought the $5 tier of the Humble Bundle that was running about a year ago that gave you the CRB PDF and a couple other books but I'm not sure any of them have actually read the CRB. Meanwhile, I think I'm missing 2 hardcover books from the rulebook/Lost Omens line. I'm definitely the anomaly.

Remove ads

Remove ads