Paizo's Kingmaker Crowdfunding Campaign Extended

Paizo's Kingmaker 10th Anniversary crowdfunding campaign, which is taking place on Game On Tabletop, has been extended until June 4th. They sent out the following email this morning!

KingmakerAnniversary.jpg

"When we first launched the Kingmaker 10th Anniversary campaign on Game On Tabletop, we heard from Pathfinder players worldwide wondering why the campaign was only two weeks. For some, the campaign timing didn’t match their paycheck deposits. Others didn’t hear about the campaign until much later. Many others still haven’t heard about it.

With PaizoCon beginning next week and UK Games Expo the week after, Paizo and Game On Tabletop have decided to extend the campaign through those events to allow more time to unlock greater value for backers—and to give everyone more time. The campaign will now end at midnight Pacific on June 4th.

Thanks again for all your feedback and support! Together, we’re going to make the 10th anniversary of Kingmaker a truly epic event!"

The campaign is already over 500% funded, with nearly 1400 backers pledging a quarter of a million dollars. It now has nearly three more weeks to run. It includes a Pathfinder 2E hardcover compilation of the Kingmaker AP, a Kingmaker Bestiary for D&D 5E, and more.

Mercador

Adventurer
Yeah I know, it's really weird in fact. When DnD3E was announced, I dismiss out of TRPG. Then I came back for 4E and then PF. I didn't plan to buy 5E and now the collector giftset corebook is sitting on my desk. I guess I really like them.

As for the French version, they did quite a lot actually, they even create collector versions of them:
https://www.black-book-editions.fr/catalogue.php?id=15

But when I decided to buy PF books, I choose the English version since translations are really expensive. I was a bit shocked last summer when I found out that the French version got a lot of hardcover complete AP. Knowing that few years ago, I would have go for the French version.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
But I don't want to :'( Not sure why though, I guess it's all the books I have, like I feel betrayed, it's weird I know.

Not weird. I completely understand. They are ready to move on, but you're not.

Games are an emotional buy-in sometimes - especially when you buy a lot of the same edition from the same company. If you still love the current edition, you don't want to leave unless there is a better option. We'll see if PF2 is one. (I don't think it will be, but maybe I'll be surprised.)

I'm not sure in this case there will be as many along for the ride to PF2 as there was for PF1. PF1 was better than the current D&D (4E) by a wide margin for a lot of people. I'm not sure PF2 will hold that same advantage over D&D 5E. Ending PF1 provides an opportunity for some to return to the D&D fold. (At a time when D&D is seriously kicking butt!)

Mercador

Adventurer
Not weird. I completely understand. They are ready to move on, but you're not.

Games are an emotional buy-in sometimes - especially when you buy a lot of the same edition from the same company. If you still love the current edition, you don't want to leave unless there is a better option. We'll see if PF2 is one. (I don't think it will be, but maybe I'll be surprised.)

I'm not sure in this case there will be as many along for the ride to PF2 as there was for PF1. PF1 was better than the current D&D (4E) by a wide margin for a lot of people. I'm not sure PF2 will hold that same advantage over D&D 5E. Ending PF1 provides an opportunity for some to return to the D&D fold. (At a time when D&D is seriously kicking butt!)

Thanks, I feel less weird now :) Yeah, I don't feel PF2 either but I hope that I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I was on amazon this morning after the new D&D storyline reveal looking to purchase. I glance at the “sales” in books to see the PHB still in the top 100 at 69. Looking at Pathfinder, PF1 is #5263, PF2 with a higher price tag on amazon of $53 is at 13,149. The amazon sales estimate website is down but I’m curious what 13149 and 5263 comes out too and how much of an uptick pf2 gets as we get closer to August. I wonder if Buhlman and Bonner are nervous like any designer would be with a new edition knowing 4e flopped and Heinsloo’s name is stuck with a generally unpopular edition.

Update - monthly sales estimate - PF1 - 450 / PF2 - 373 a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jharet

Explorer
According to the Paizo folks most of the products in the campaign will be available after the books are published, but the quantities will be limited and based on the pre-orders of the crowdfunding campaign.

Jharet

Explorer
Since Paizo made some small concession to the Pathfinder classic crowd with the inclusion of the Bestiary with game stats, I am much less salty about it now. This is one of the smarter moves they've made in making it available to Pathfinder groups and 5e groups.

Sorry I was referring to this: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?6267-Paizo-To-Make-Kingmaker-Bestiary-For-D-D-5E! and just wondering if there is going to be a way to get the 5e bestiary as a standalone product.

Yes everything outside coins etc will be available in retail. As to what the Bestiary and Conversion booklets will contain:
"gain access to more than 140 monsters and key NPCs from the Kingmaker Adventure Path!"
"With rules conversion and additional design by Legnedary (sic) Games"
"The 1E and 5E bestiaries will include the stats and such from the Companion book so that content can be run in those systems as well"

carborundum

Adventurer
I'd resigned myself to not getting it, since the campaign ended before payday, but now I'm tempted. I wish there had been more of the final 2e mechanics revealed, so I could decide. I suppose that will happen at Paizocon, and there'll still be a window of opportunity.
OTOH Grimmerspace looks awesome so I'm tempted to back that instead, and pick this up later if we like 2E.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases