D&D 5E Paladin Archetypes... *meh*

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
A lot of commenters here on enworld don't realize what's really going on. They view threads as a bunch of unconnected topics and things.

They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice of coincidence that lays on top of everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone'll write a comment, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or maybe start a thread called "plate of shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation.

No point in looking for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.
Man, I don't think you could cut through that Gordian knot with a katana.

Quartz

Hero
For comparison, here is the Oath of Protection we use.

That's a nice write-up. Can I suggest you improve it by mentioning levels at every stage? And with respect to Lay on Hands Improvement, instead of 'it' rather say 'the target'. You might also explicitly note whether or not Defender of the Faith works if you've been reduced to 0 HP.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
That's a nice write-up. Can I suggest you improve it by mentioning levels at every stage? And with respect to Lay on Hands Improvement, instead of 'it' rather say 'the target'. You might also explicitly note whether or not Defender of the Faith works if you've been reduced to 0 HP.

Thanks! I'll update it to include levels, but the features are in order at the levels when all paladin archetypes get their features. Good point about the cap stone, you have to start your turn with at least 1 hit point.

I've attached an updated pdf if you want to use it.

Attachments

• PaladinOath.pdf
    837.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I do not agree with the premise of this thread.

Why blame the archetype, when you can end the class?

Do not suffer the slings and arrow of outrageous subclasses, when you can take arms against the sea of Paladin perfidy.

But Fallen Aasimar Oath of Conquest is so much fun! Not emo at all!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Oath of the ancients aura at level 7 is quite good. Fireball are now mere annoyances. My player also had the outlander background so he was some kind of heavily armored pseudo ranger...

Also:
DM: The evil sorcerer teleports across the street, he is now on the other roof top!
Monk: (new player)... I .... I jump across the street!
DM: You make it! The evil sorcerer is dismayed!
Monk: Yaaaay!!! Monk power!!!!
Paladin: I misty step across and smite the evil sorcerer
Monk: .... really?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases