D&D 5E Paladin/Bard progression

Shiroiken

Legend
Do you think this PC may at least fight so-so at each level? Or shall I re-consider the order or the balance between two classes?

One of my concern is, from L2-L3, he cannnot use his sword as a bard spell focus.
You're going to have some issues here, and your concept really isn't going to meet your exceptions until you hit level 5. You'd be better off going Paladin at level 2, then fully switching to bard, because then you can use your bard spell slots to smite with, allowing you do be combat effective, while using Bard spells for support. As for the spell focus issue, you only use 2 hands for a weapon while attacking, so you can go greatsword and still cast spells.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
You're in an interesting place with max level 5 that turns some of the strong guidelines of multiclassing in 5e on their head. Normally my advice is not delay your level 5 power boost (every class gets one), and try not to delay ASI by much. But with only a single ASI that's only for 40% of a (single-classed) character's adventuring career and level 5 is only the last 20%, you could ignore the normal rules of thumb because you aren't going to be spending too much time at the levels where it would matter.

Remove ads