Paradox kills Chronicles of Darkness with The Hedge being the last Changeling the Lost book

Just found out its been released digitally and that Paradox is slowly killing off CoD foolishly. As such I will do no further business after I buy The Hedge as such, not TTRPG products nor Video Games and there was several I wanted to get later on, but now I won't.

Chronicles of Darkness was the only TTRPG I was interested in outside of D&D 5e, and Changeling, Beast, and Geist were my favourites.

So screw Paradox and the horse they rode in on.

That's likely because Onyx Path are pretty much only doing Kickstarters + POD these days, with a small number of books sold through traditional retail.
The FLGS has been consistently stocking a couple of copies of each new book, but only a couple and they don't get replaced when they sell out. So yeah, some of it gets to retail but in very limited numbers and probably never restocked at the distribution level. Even with direct sales and crowdfunding that can't be helping making the ranges profitable.

Sad state of affairs, really.

Well that sucks, and I didn't know it was coming or expect it. The nWoD had actually got pretty damn cool, and maybe this is my age speaking, but I think it's actually cooler than the "new oWoD" (does it have a name?), because it was a lot more together and whilst not all its ideas were good, they were at least interesting (which is more than can be said for the new Hunter, imho).

Paradox are unfortunately gradually revealing themselves to be complete idiots accidentally in charge of a few good properties that succeed despite them, not because of them.

Staffan

Legend
The FLGS has been consistently stocking a couple of copies of each new book, but only a couple and they don't get replaced when they sell out. So yeah, some of it gets to retail but in very limited numbers and probably never restocked at the distribution level. Even with direct sales and crowdfunding that can't be helping making the ranges profitable.

Sad state of affairs, really.
It's worse here in Europe I think, since European distribution doesn't carry the books, so only stores that go to the length of buying stuff from even-more-niche American distributors (IPR in this case) will have the books. When I wanted a copy of Aeon, I had to ask the store from which I usually order to bring it in on a special order, and it took months to get it (partially because their US freight forwarder apparently forgot to pack it so it had to wait around for another month or two).

Remove ads