Paradox kills Chronicles of Darkness with The Hedge being the last Changeling the Lost book

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
I didn't. They just put up (and are still offering) an awesome Chronicles of Darkness deal on Bundle of Holding. I thought that showed they were investing in the gameline as a growth property, not just milking it as a cash cow.

The big questions is whether 3rd party publishers still be able to publish on Storytellers' Vault? If they can then WW's dropping it may not matter so much.
None More Dark publishes things and is made up of a bunch of the game's designers, they're planning to continue supporting at least some of the COFD gamelines, from what they've said. Their material is excellent too, and they just released the Book of Seemings for Changeling super recently.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
Yes, the top tier of Storyteller’s Vault releases is amazingly good - professional work that happens not to be published by Onyx Path.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
It's a sad day. I used to hold up what we saw in the simultaneous support of V20, Requiem and Vampire 5th Edition as the high watermark for the hobby. Thanks for all the fish, Onyx Path Publishing. You produced far and away my favorite versions of my most beloved games.

RIP. And I'm only surprised it took more than five years after the V5 International Incident and the Beast Fiasco. But they did bring many joy and will be missed.

I still like Beast, but its better to not pretend like beasts are the good guys, Beasts are creepy, sadistic, freaks, and roleplaying one is excuse to explore ones dark side in a safe way, the ones that creep out the other splats and get abit to close for their comfort, but are too useful to just discard their help.

Yes, the top tier of Storyteller’s Vault releases is amazingly good - professional work that happens not to be published by Onyx Path.

The rules for producing Storyteller Vault content.

Chronicles of Darkness has way more space then WoD.

WoD has Wraith, VtM, WtA, Mage the I forget, Changeling Dreaming, a couple of others I think.

CoD has CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA, PtC, CtL, HtV, MtC, DtD, BtP, Deviant, Contagion Chronicles, Mirrors (can do genres WoD can't touch, like Cybernetic Werewolves and Changelings in Hell), and minor Splat books like Immortals and Inferno.

WoD has its metastory to give it depth, but CoD has the bigger sandbox.

Remove ads