• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon class skills question

Lanceril

First Post
Hello!

I'd like to ask for some help to clarify how many skill points a racial paragon class would get when a player starts as his races paragon.

base classes get a 4x multiplier on the first lvl of the class but in all the race paragon game rules it says :
"Skill Points at Each Level 2 + Int modifier."
and there is no 4x skill gain for its 1st lvl (so its considered a prestige class?)
but in the racial paragon classes description says :
"Paragon class levels can be taken any time a character gains a new level, even at 1st level (in which case they receive four times the normal number of skill points gained at each succeeding level)"
if the bracketed text was only "in which case they receive four times the normal number of skill points" it would be clear
but the "at each succeeding level" makes it mean that for lvl2 and lvl3 he gets a 4x multiplier?

further more what makes it more confusing for me is that in the PhB it states that for the 1st character lvl the 4x modifier is applied to that class which you start with

so if someone would start as a elf paragon how many skill points would he get for his lvl 1,2,3?

a)lvl 1 : 2 +int mod x 4 , lvl 2 : 2+int mod , lvl 3 : 2+int mod
b)lvl 1 : 2+int mod , lvl 2 : 2+int mod x4 , lvl 3 : 2+int mod x 4
c)lvl 1 : 2+int mod x 4 , lvl 2 : 2+int mod x4 , lvl 3 : 2+int mod x 4

any help and info (or links to errata about unearted arcana or the racial paragons,because i cant find any) would be great :)

Draz

Explorer
Read it this way:

"Paragon class levels can be taken any time a character gains a new level, even at 1st level (in which case they receive:

four times the following:

"the normal number of skill points gained at each succeeding level"

)."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads