• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Parallel Lines

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Systar turns to Digger, "Thank you for the healing potion, you may have arrived right in the nick of time. Perhaps you should go and fetch the captain or one of the others...we may have a clue concerning the mage's disappearance."

Systar then kneels down and moves a bit closer to the little dragon and tries to appear kind.

"What of Samea little one? Is she okay?"

Zweischneid

First Post
Scolding himself while vigorously shaking his head, Celebren sits down cross-legged on the plankx besides Sorren and Massif.

'I wonder if there's but one person on this ship who isn't up to some secret agenda.'
the half-elf growls to himself with a spiteful voice.

'The more I get around and talk with crew-members or passangers, the more confusing this whole affair appears to me. And here I thought monastical life was complicated.'

Looking at the lines in his hands, Celebren tries to make sense of his presence aboard
I why Abess Sapienta send me on this mission. I'm certainly no good with guileful and insidious people like Vel, nor do I know much about conspiracies and plots. Maybe this truly is a test of sorts. But none of them look like they would be even remotely related to the Church of Dol Dorn.

With a resigned shrug, the young Monk glances up at the other two mercenary guards and wonders.
'Where is the rest of our little group by the way?'

Eluvan

First Post
The emotions coming from the dragon are entirely positive, and it seems to want to help. But again, the only actual word that forms is Samea. Again there is frustration coming from the creature, and something else: a concept it obviously finds it hard to express, and you find rather hard to grasp. Something to do with a sense of loss or dimishment, or change, or all at once.

Badger

First Post
Digger watched as the elvish warm blood interacted with the small creature that had been on his chest when Digger first arrived.

What do I do now?

His question was answered for him as the warm blood, Systar...I must adress him as Systar, asked him to fetch the others and bring them back into the room.

I will seek out those who will return with me. I shall not be long.

Turning around and heading back up, Digger spotted the others and approached them.

'Systar wishes for you to speak with him. He has managed to capture a small beast the he believes will provide information in regards to the missing magus.'

Sorren

First Post
Sorren shook his head at the dwarf. We'd better not. There are too many crew members walking around that might notice. He glanced at the side rail. And I'd rather not be forced to walk the plank... He added with a slight grin.

We should simply take extra care to watch our backs until we dock. I doubt I'll be booking passage on this particular ship ever again...

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
'Systar wishes for you to speak with him. He has managed to capture a small beast the he believes will provide information in regards to the missing magus.'

'He found that baby Lizard?'
Celebren looks intriqued.. and maybe even a bit envious that it wasn't him who discovered the little creature.

'When? How? What did it say? Well,.. where? I mean.'
Jumping up from his seat the eager youngster glances around the deck, ready to dash whereever the large Warforge points him to.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sorren said:
We'd better not. There are too many crew members walking around that might notice. And I'd rather not be forced to walk the plank. We should simply take extra care to watch our backs until we dock. I doubt I'll be booking passage on this particular ship ever again...

Massif smiles at the paladin.

'Heh heh... you said it. You know, you ain't too bad a guy once you get to know you.'

The dwarf chuckles to himself for a few moments when suddenly the warforged reappears on deck and passes on his message about the small creature, and Celebren gets all excited. Massif cocks his head to the side over the youth's enthusiasm but says nothing. He looks back Sorren and shrugs, non-verbally saying that this is probably the most interesting thing that is going to be happening the rest of this trip, so they might as well go too.

'Okay... lead us on, Digger. Let's go check out this lizard thing. Probably the only clue we're gonna get seeing as how our Captain's trap is nailed shut. You coming Sorren?'

Badger

First Post
Digger pauses when the question of how Systar found the creature was asked of him, as he had no truthful idea of how the creature was found, merely that Digger saw it sitting atop of the elvish warm blood when he arrived.

'Perhaps it is best to let Systar answer that, as the creature was there when I arrived with the healing drink.'

As they stood to follow him, Digger turned back towards the stairwell leading down and guided them all to Systar.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'C'mon people! Let's get a move on!'

Massif pushes past everybody and strides to the steps and hurries downstairs. He ignores any complaints for his rudeness from any of the others, and makes his way into the lounge area where he finds Systar sitting with the small creature. Massif's eyes narrow a bit in confusion.

'That's it? Looks like a dragon! Well... a baby dragon at least. Kinda ugly-looking if you ask me.'

He shrugs, and moves on over to stand next to Systar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads