Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2 vs D&D 5E pagecounts

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is fun. The PF2 core rulebook is 638 pages long, and the equivalent, the PHB+DMG, for 5E is 639 pages. Unless I’m miscounting.

What a weird coincidence! PF2 and 5E are the exact same length!

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
This is fun. The PF2 core rulebook is 638 pages long, and the equivalent, the PHB+DMG, for 5E is 639 pages. Unless I’m miscounting.

Well, same number of Classes, similar number of racial options for. Probably a similar number of spells, magical items, and setting information. Seems legit. How is the page type density in comparison?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator

Heh... Just today, as I was reading the hefty PF2 tome, I was thinking that I wished they had separated the GM material in its own book... :D

Anyone know why Paizo never separated the material into two books? I always disliked it because players had access to magic items, but I liked it because I only had to buy one book.

Aldarc

Legend
Anyone know why Paizo never separated the material into two books? I always disliked it because players had access to magic items, but I liked it because I only had to buy one book.
I think that it's because it is precisely so you only have to buy one book.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases