Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2e's Mwangi Expanse released as PDF today

kayman

Explorer
Today i bought the Mwangi Expanse (PDF) and what a Book!!! Everything that a GM dream. Sorry for my bad english.

kayman

Explorer
Found out here via Paizo's storefront. It's a big setting expansion to the sub-Saharan Africa region of the Golarion setting.

It's already generating discussions and reviews on said site, although it's been mere hours since its digital release.

Too soon for me to buy, but for those who have it, what are your thoughts?
My English is not good enough to elaborate but i can say this . If you like books that the main focus is deep lore you will love it.

Last edited:

Davies

Legend
It bewilders me a bit that I keep buying books that I know I won't be able to completely read, because some of the pages have illustrations that will send me into hysterics, but I'm glad that I bought this particular example. Filled with descriptions of fascinating lands and places that are all practically laden with potential plot hooks, and which also defy any potential expectations that you bring with you to the book. In particular, its look at Nantambu does a remarkable job of setting the stage for the forthcoming Strengths of Thousands adventure path, and the portrayal of Senghor is tailor-made for a fantasy-noir campaign of divided allegiances and twisted deceptions.

It bewilders me a bit that I keep buying books that I know I won't be able to completely read, because some of the pages have illustrations that will send me into hysterics, but I'm glad that I bought this particular example. Filled with descriptions of fascinating lands and places that are all practically laden with potential plot hooks, and which also defy any potential expectations that you bring with you to the book. In particular, its look at Nantambu does a remarkable job of setting the stage for the forthcoming Strengths of Thousands adventure path, and the portrayal of Senghor is tailor-made for a fantasy-noir campaign of divided allegiances and twisted deceptions.

I'm slowly going through it, but as someone who doesn't really use Golarion I bought it just to see what they did with the place and it's been worth the price. The art alone is beautiful, and arguably the most consistent I've seen of any book. The races are also really good: their version of Gnollish society feels fairly workable into other games. The Anadi are just... adorable as shy, scarf-knitting spider nerds, and the Grippli look pretty cool (though I wish some of their heritages were ancestry feats because they are all so froggy).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases