Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2nd Ed., base classes, PC races and wish list.

What do you think about the base (not published in the corebook) clases, and the races for PCs? Exotic PC races are fun like cosplay or wearing Halloween costumes.

My opinion is we will not see yet an update "player guite" with the no-core(bases) classes (oracle, knight, inquisitor, witch, summoner..) but a Paizo's Ultimate Psionic.

I would like the sohei, samurai, ninja, swashbuckler and the slayer , (and a warlord and a shadow assasin) with "martial maneuvers. I also would like a warlock/witch class with vestige pact magic, and a shifter/totem shaman with akasha/incarnum powers about monster and animal traits (wings, natural weapons and armour, breath attack..), and a summoner with askasha magic to improve her magic monster (pokemon/digimon) pet. And a mixture of monk with akasha magic+ki martial maneuvers+psionic powers. And once I had got a crazy idea about a akasha/incarnum artificier/blacksmith, crafting gadgets what needed points of a special fithessentia/mana(white, blue, green, black, brown..).

Other wishes are the return of racial parangon classes and monster/racial/template classes.

May be possible adding things from the SRD D&D 5th Ed? For example the dragoborn race and the warlock class.

Does anybody like the samarans race, the "cousins of the D&D 4th ed daevas?

About races, I guess we will be the return of the elemental "planetouched" (fetchlings, ifrit, oreads, slyphs and undines) and the classic "furrys" (catfolk, ratfolk, wolfkin..).

Last edited:

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Since Dragonborn are now, IIRC, officially OGL via 5e, I'd like to see them brought into the fold. If they are, it literally might be enough to get me to play PF2 as my "game of compromise" with those who hated 4e but have soured on 5e's lack of options.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
We already know it's going to include the core 11 classes plus Alchemist, and I would assume the core 7 races ancestries plus goblin.

Things I would put on my wishlist:
- Ancestry features that make a meaningful difference in how a character plays. Ideally, I'd like elves and half-orcs to be equally viable wizards, but for elf wizards to feel very different in play than half-orc wizards (just as an example)

- Separation of biological and cultural traits. Since Backgrounds are going to be a thing, I want formerly-racial traits like weapon proficiencies and languages to come from Background, while traits like ability score adjustments should come from Ancestry.

- Strong design rationale for classes. I know this isn't a popular opinion among Pathfinder fans, but I want class concepts to arise from the class's design, not for classes to be designed around highly specific concepts. I know this is Paizo and we'll be sure to get a million hyper-specialized classes in future releases, but for the core book at least, I really hope the classes are broadly archetypal and each fill a clear and specific design space.

For me the keys for a new base class are:

- Right balance of power, of course.

- Interesting background. It has to be like a mark of identity.

- Class features with a fun gameplay.

---

Orc wizards? Better orc shamans or bloodragers. In the past I had got some crazy ideas about a strange couple of characters, a metrosexual half-elf ranger, and a tomboy female half-orc shaman, with a curious unresolute sexual tension and a fun love-hate relation.

I just want new stuff to play with, sure a conversion manual for each of the classes, spells, feats whatever in 1e, but I don't really want to have to wait 2-3 years for Ultimate Combat 2e to play a Gunslinger and spend another 44 dollars on a book I already own. I'd like some rules for Clockwork with a Steampunk feel, ala Alkenstar. Just make it an option for those of us who want a little more technology in their campaigns. Right now I'm using Dragonmech's Steam Device rules modified to Pathfinder for my technology and I'd like something official from Paizo. The Technology Guide is fine, but I want to see something new that's less sci-fi and like I said more Steampunk.

houser2112

Explorer
My opinion is we will not see yet an update "player guite" with the no-core(bases) classes (oracle, knight, inquisitor, witch, summoner..) but a Paizo's Ultimate Psionic.

I'm not sure what you mean when you mention Ultimate Psionics here. Considering that even before releasing their psychics sourcebook, Paizo had gone on record saying that their take on psionics, if done at all, would look nothing like 3.x psionics. Seeing what they eventually released, that was largely true. I'd be shocked if they went back to that style for PF2 psionics.

Aldarc

Legend
I'm not sure what you mean when you mention Ultimate Psionics here. Considering that even before releasing their psychics sourcebook, Paizo had gone on record saying that their take on psionics, if done at all, would look nothing like 3.x psionics. Seeing what they eventually released, that was largely true. I'd be shocked if they went back to that style for PF2 psionics.
Paizo largely let Dreamscarred Press take the mantle of 3.X psionics, and DSP were the ones to release Ultimate Psionics. I do think that DSP will definitely be monitoring PF2 for any potential conversions.

Remove ads