Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder above 20/Pathfinder Monster PCs

Grimmjow

First Post
Are there any rules for playing above level twenty in pathfinder aside from the tip they give you in the Core Rules?

Are there any rules for playing a monster PC?

I really don't care if the books are from Paizo, just so long as they are good for use.

GreyLord

Legend
No, not really from what I can tell. The tips in the Core rules are just that, tips, as I found out in an earlier thread I posted asking about a similar thing.

What you can do, or what the core rules suggest beyond PF's short term way to advance a few levels over 20 is to use another system, such as 3e epic rules or the epic rules found in the 3.5 DMG, or the Advanced Players guide from Sword and Sorcery...or other advancement schemes by other companies in regards to epic levels.

Sorry, forgot the second question. On the second question, it depends on how much you want to get. Many monsters/races have a brief for player characters, and you also have this book,

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8rv2?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Advanced-Race-Guide

Depending on what sort of creature/monster/race you wish to play.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
The PathFinder folks have made it pretty clear they do not like Epic rules. I won't go into their reasons, however, they are coming out with a new product that addresses high level play called "Mythic Adventures". I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it seems like another even larger jump in power for PCs and is their answer to Epic play as far as I can tell. Maybe a Mythic Adventures playtester will jump in here and set me straight or give a more complete answer.

Nookie

Explorer
Mythic adventures is not High level play. Its heroic play. from what ive read you can use the mythic rules with a level 1 character. they just make your character into something heroic without getting into wonky epic mechanics. I see high end pathfinder as epic play myself many of the old feats from epic level handbook exist in some form as high level feats for pathfinder. You could just let the players go above level 20 as presented in the Pathfinder main book and have them multiclass into other classes with few balance issues. Keep away from Epic Spellcasting Its way broken without the DM running Interference. You can definitely have an epic feel when you combine High level with the mythic stuff though.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Yes, there is a third-party series of books from Little Red Goblin Games called Legendary Levels that covers 21st to 30th level play. There are several books in the series, covering different areas; the link here goes to the first book.

Mika

First Post
How come the Legendary Levels book isn't available anymore from Little Red Goblin?

Little Red Goblins had to pull all of their PDFs because of issues with the OGL declarations. Most but not all of their PDFs are once again for sale. The Legendary Levels PDFs have not been restored, possibly because they had some massive revisions in mind for that line.

Remove ads