Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords Reborn! IC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Kelvyn grins broadly at the sheriff, but shakes his head at the man's question. "No special talents here, Sheriff. Just a man the Gods gifted with my share of strength and a healthy desire for adventure and travel. I have some skill with blade and hammer, but else am fair without talent!"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

AC: 19 (T 14, FF 15), CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: EarthBreaker

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret speaks up and says,"I'm from Nybor, to the East. My father was a woodcutter. Him and mother passed away when I was young. I've worked as a laborer ever since. I came to Sandpoint to find work but may move on to Magnimar one day to see more of the world."

Evret Bluff (1d20+9=22)
Sense motive to beat DC22
[SBLOCK]
OOC: Highlighted in red are where he was lying.

Evret speaks up and says,"I'm from Nybor, to the East. My father was a woodcutter. Him and mother passed away when I was young. I've worked as a laborer ever since. I came to Sandpoint to find work but may move on to Magnimar one day to see more of the world."
[/SBLOCK]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Your party comes to the conclusion that Jekyll's assessment of the tracks is quite accurate. Six goblins and a Medium-sized humanoid came over the north wall, entered the Vault, then exited the graveyard by the same means. You even spot a place upon the top of the wall where a grapple might have chipped away at the stone. The patch of grass in the graveyard that confounded Evret was probably simply poor luck on his part, as the trail continues through it between the Vault and the wall.

"Your stories are rich and diverse. It is clear you all have talent and aspirations, cousins. So what should we do now? Try to follow the tracks beyond the wall perhaps? I would not be able to follow there, but it seems a probable lead."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Sheriff Hemlock bids you good day, reminding you to keep the information you learned from the Vault private for now so as not to upset the people of Sandpoint so soon after the goblin attack which might incite panic. He asks that you report your findings to him later that evening.

You make your way through Northgate and outside along the walls to see if you can pick up the trail on the other side. There are signs that the six goblins and the Medium-sized character stopped just outside the wall, then proceeded through the forest northeast for well over a mile. Eventually the tracks cross the Lost Coast Road to a place where the cliffs over the sea give way to a small beach. This is where the tracks end. There are signs that a small boat was brought up to the beach at one point, but there is no boat in sight now. Wherever your quarry went, it was out to sea and you can no longer track them. A very careful search of the area turns up nothing significant in the way of clues. There is what appears to be a small bit of ash that might have come from a burnt-out torch, but you cannot be certain of its origin. With no other leads regarding the tracks, you are forced to return to Sandpoint. It is now early afternoon, and you are a bit tired after tromping through the forest tracking all morning.

Where will you go from here? Perhaps you could stop by the Rusty Dragon for a meal and a drink. Or maybe you would like to check in with Sheriff Hemlock at the Sandpoint Garrison to update him on your findings, what little there was anyway.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: recommend telling the sheriff what we found, then go to the rusty dragon to eat, drink and mope

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Aye, friends, I could use an ale and a hearty meal; this land is not nearly so warm as my home, but it is . . . damp. I might as well have been swimming as walking up and down that trail! But, business first. Let's keep the sheriff our friend, and let him know what we've found first." Kelvyn heads in the direction of the sheriff's building.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

AC: 19 (T 14, FF 15), CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: EarthBreaker

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads