• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Pathfinder Bard and the 3.5 Requiem feat.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I don't think there is such a feat officially published for PF. PF is supposed to be compatible and these are the sorts of things that make sense to port over, if there's a DM that won't let you take it for some reason.

There is an archetype for dealing with undead, which oddly enough allows mind-affecting spells to affect undead but says nothing about bardic performance.

Ragmon

Explorer
I don't think there is such a feat officially published for PF. PF is supposed to be compatible and these are the sorts of things that make sense to port over, if there's a DM that won't let you take it for some reason.

There is an archetype for dealing with undead, which oddly enough allows mind-affecting spells to affect undead but says nothing about bardic performance.

Well the compatibility issue is that the bardic music in 3.5 have durations and PF does not.
That and the archetype is weird for not allowing bardic music to effect undead, but makes sense cause he would need to keep playing to keep his undead army going.

thnx

Ragmon

Explorer
It's such a simple feat, you should just ask your DM to use the 3.0 version, or just add it to the game if you're the DM.

The use of the feat is not a problem, I just would like to know if there is an official Pathfinder version. Otherwise the DM allows it.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Well the compatibility issue is that the bardic music in 3.5 have durations and PF does not.
Looks to me like the PF bard has a total limit of 4 + 2 rounds/level each day on bardic performance.

In any case, I don't think that taking whatever a bard can already do and expanding it by one creature type is a particularly powerful use of a feat. How many undead are you planning on seeing? Not to mention they have good will saves anyway. If anything, it's a pretty weak feat unless you're playing a really undead-focused campaign (and even then hardly overpowered).

Personally, my homebrew bard has music effects at will, and a creature that saves against one is immune for a day. No big deal. Frequency or volume of use of any ability are rarely significant balance issues.

Ragmon

Explorer
Looks to me like the PF bard has a total limit of 4 + 2 rounds/level each day on bardic performance.

In any case, I don't think that taking whatever a bard can already do and expanding it by one creature type is a particularly powerful use of a feat. How many undead are you planning on seeing? Not to mention they have good will saves anyway. If anything, it's a pretty weak feat unless you're playing a really undead-focused campaign (and even then hardly overpowered).

Personally, my homebrew bard has music effects at will, and a creature that saves against one is immune for a day. No big deal. Frequency or volume of use of any ability are rarely significant balance issues.

On frequency, it might go either:
- Undead-horde-controlling-bard (Short version gestalt Bard//Warlock 10th level, that and plot-helmet-of-undead-"everything"). So the Inspire Courage is a great buff if used with Requiem.
or
- New character, cause I used the aforementioned helmet do destroy an ally who turned into a CE undead plot monster.

That and I agree that the feat itself is not strong and should be allowed.
But I see from the replies that there is no such feat in Pathfinder.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads