Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder Beginers Box 2e (just got it)

Jeff Carpenter

Adventurer
Just got the 2e Beginner's Box. Not a big Pathfinder player, but I loved the 1st eddtion Beginner Box so i ordered it.

The boxs is packed, the rainbow dice are great for beginners and the rules look user friendly.

But I'm disappointed. Unlike the 1e box that went to 5th level this one only goes to 3rd. Dang. I was really hoping it would go to 5th level again. I didn't really read up before i ordered so maybe they disclosed that?

Oh well. Looking forward to seeing what its all about.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
The Paizo website says it goes up to 3rd level. If you want to go past 3rd level, you can grab a copy of the CRB or use the SRD to keep going. Unlike the PF1 box, the PF2 Beginner Box doesn’t use a subset of the rules. It’s using the full PF2 rules.

My copy should arrive next week hopefully. The tracking said it was delayed in Florida. It’s shipping via USPS, so who knows.

CapnZapp

Legend
I can understand wanting the box to cover as many levels without the need to go online.

But as Kenada says, at least you CAN go online. All the rules are there.

What Archive of Nethys isn't great at is teaching the rules or presenting a collection of related information (such as a class) in an easily digestible format. But hopefully the Beginner's Box does just that :)

Jeff Carpenter

Adventurer
I should have read more. I literally blind bought it based on how good the first one was.

Im enjoying it and I probably would have still bought it if i had known it was only going to 3rd level just to get a taste of what 2e pathfinder is about.

Remove ads