• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder Converts: what non-PF 3.X stuff do you typically import?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Title says it all: if you now consider Pathfinder your primary 3.X version game, what stuff- if any- do you import from other 3.X games (including 3.5 itself)?

(Those playing other 3.X games, feel free to chime in about what you do as well.)

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Almost nothing. I've got one player a rogue, that wanted 'telling blow' as a feat, I reviewed it and allowed it for him, but none of my other players have asked for a feat or anything else from 3e, and I'm not volunteering anything.

I've got one player who wants to play a psionicist - and though the 3.5 psionics wasn't a bad version, I've hated psionics since 1e. I haven't allowed that, though with time I may, hopefully Paizo or a 3pp will do it justice, and I might then allow psionics once again.

I've been using Louis Porter Jr, and Rite Publishing new PF stuff wholesale, however. Though of LPJ's stuff, some of it seems 'broken'. I've got the entire 101 series from Rite Publishing: Feats 101, Magical Weapon Properties 101, and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd level 101 spells - so far.

I am digressing, but my basic answer to the OP, is practically nothing from 3.5 is allowed in my games. Makes things much simpler for me.

GP

pawsplay

Hero
I'm all over non-converted Tome of Horrors stuff. I have also used demons from the Fiendish Codex. There was a Scout in my last campaign, as well as a goliath.

ruemere

Adventurer
Some flavor material from Scarred Lands.
Convert 3.5 adventure material as needed.
Monsters (various sources).

Regards,
Ruemere

Drathir

First Post
... i dont have a defined set of things i allow for the most part. if my players ask i review it and then render verdict, a few things ive allowed are scout and warlock... although they did get an hd upgrade as is standar for many classes with mid BAB... a few feats here and there (including a few 3p ones) o i did not allow Dusk Blade though... it was over powered in 3.5 and with arcane strike to enhance its combat abilities... well it just wasnt fair to the other melee types... most dusk blade like classes aren't... oh and b4 my players even asked i outlawed Martial classes (Book of Nine Swords) specially the Crusader... ability to use heal whenever it hits 7+ times per combat... hell no... especially with that damned fort save to stop death stance... god those guys are hard to kill, make great final villains if i wasn't so opposed to them though. neway, yea all in all ill accept alot of 3.x stuff i just make sure that all the party knows it first... much like i do with the "ovderpowered" races, with a few changes like decreased level speed instead of LA

Papa-DRB

First Post
I have been running Pathfinder since the early Alpha documents and at that time told my guys *only* Core Pathfinder would be allowed so we could give it a fair chance, and I have continued with that stance.

We had a guy in the group, that if WotC published a "Complete Left Handed, Blue Eyed, Multiclass Rogue/Cleric" book would pick what ever was in there out that gave him all sorts of goodies and whined if I did not let him play it.

With the APG just out, I am reviewing it, and will most likely allow everything from it. So my position right now is Pathfinder Core and APG only. I have even gotten rid of all my old 3.5 "stuff", excepting Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous and Unholy Warriors, which I use for some NPC's and BBEGs.

-- david
Papa.DRB

IronWolf

blank
Yeah, nothing outside of Pathfinder materials are going to be used in my campaign from the player perspective. There is a lot of stuff to work with in the Pathfinder rules - even more so now that the APG is out, that I don't feel the need to bring the 3.5 books into it.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
The onlt things I really collected for 3.X were monster sourcebooks, so I import them with little difficulty. Since I'm not a fan of loads of extra feats/spells/unnessecary options I've not felt a need to import any of those over as yet.

Samurai

Adventurer
We use most of the Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium. We also use many of the feats from the Complete books, but not classes or new subsystems like Skill Tricks. As DM, I use pretty much all the monster books and adapt creatures as needed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads