[Pathfinder] DarkSun: Dangerous Beginnings

kinem

Adventurer
"Huh? My mind is strong, but I'm no animal tamer. I'll use my power to try to help Ardon deal with it."

[sblock=ooc]Manifest attraction on the mekillot (1 pp, DC 14, 3 hr) towards Ardon. Retry up to twice if it fails and time permits.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
The mekillot calms down, giving Ardon his trust. It whines a strange sound, indicating it's fallen companion.

ooc: You can now go near to both the carcass and the water (in the case you want to investigate). You all gain xp for solving a CR 7 encounter. Nice rolls! (BTW, I allowed Handle animal rolls, because it was a domesticated animal.)

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"What seems to be the problem?" Ardon asks questioningly of the mekillot, he walks over and checks the fallen creature and then the water.

[sblock=ooc]Ardon will investigate the fallen mekillot as indicated by the survivng one and attempt to discern the cause of death, then check the water.[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"I don't trust this water, it can only be consumed by elves and kanks, I might be able to drink it, but I''m not sure it won't kill me or put me out of action for a while, I would suggest getting out of this place as quickly as we can, that mekillot died of sunstroke."

Walking Dad

First Post
Some more oasis information:

The water is scalding hot, brown, muddy, and bitter smelling—in other words, normal for an Athasian oasis...
There is plenty of long green grass growing on the edge of the pool, and the mudflats are covered with healthy foliage. A closer inspection reveals that the pool is surrounded by dead birds, lizards, and small mammals.
The mud around the oasis is steaming hot. Further, it smells terrible and is crawling with disgusting worms and beetles.

This oasis is also dotted with yypr trees. These stand fifty feet tall and grow equally well in the muddy areas of the oasis or the sand at its edge. They are conifers, with hard, flat needles.

A small bridge of yypr wood leads to this marble arch which was built by the preceding Athasian civilization. At the base of the arch are a dozen clay pots, all filled with various grains, fruits, and vegetables. All of these foodstuffs are moldy. Scattered here and there on the wooden bridge are leaves and stems of a purple herb.

Remove ads