• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder First Print Run Sold Out

Roman

First Post
In any event... I should also note that a Pathfinder game need not use the Pathfinder rules. It'd be cool, sure... but it might not be possible or too complex to pull off due to OGL constraints. I'm not in the video game biz, alas, so I can't say for sure. But Paizo DOES own all of its flavor and IP... so a video game set in Golarion that uses different rules would certainly be possible. Especially if said game was a tactical RTS or a first person shooter or an adventure game or something of the sort.

This is true, but it would be a huge pity if a Pathfinder game did not use Pathfinder RPG rules. There is a substantial market for d20/3.5ish-style rule-based CRPGs (with the ruleset suitably adjusted for computer-based gameplay, of course) that would like to be serviced and I include myself in that market. ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Let me slip in an 'attaboy' (and girl) to James and all the Paizo crew. I love the fact that you guys are both carrying on for the fans that Wotc didn't satisfy, as well as unifying fans to give up on the edition war crap and sit down and PLAY. I hope you keep selling like mad.

Roland55

First Post
Let me slip in an 'attaboy' (and girl) to James and all the Paizo crew. I love the fact that you guys are both carrying on for the fans that Wotc didn't satisfy, as well as unifying fans to give up on the edition war crap and sit down and PLAY. I hope you keep selling like mad.

A hearty "agreed" to all of this.

If I never hear another word from the Edition Wars again ... it will still not be too soon.:mad:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads