Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Forgotten realms

Sigurd

First Post
Req: Race Domains

If I could think of something it would be for domains suitable for the various central monstrous races.

ie: Kobold, Orc, Gnoll, Troll?, etc....

Something perhaps limited and monstrous.

I imagine something like 'hero's feast' would be a popular motivator. I'd like to see something that unifies the chaotic...

Sigurd

Clifford

First Post
OOps sorry i have been Away for sooo long imm work on some of these conversions/crations (Troll domain?) here in the not to far future.

Sylrae

First Post
The issue with a human domain, is:

The other races are defined by how theyre different from humans.

If you were to try to classify humans independently, We just expand and take over space. Beyond that, we dont do much. Change the environment to suit us instead of adapting maybe. Hard to make a domain out of that.

Sigurd

First Post
The issue with a human domain, is:

The other races are defined by how theyre different from humans.

If you were to try to classify humans independently, We just expand and take over space. Beyond that, we dont do much. Change the environment to suit us instead of adapting maybe. Hard to make a domain out of that.

That's not really an issue with bestial monsters. Humans have many domains and the organization\intelligence\civilization to maintain them. Bestials need some sort of fabric around which you can link them and make them into a threat.

What is the chief problem making a bunch of reclusive critters lethal? Bringing them together. A deity that could empower a cleric to gather his followers would be an effective deity. That deity, or those deities, need a domain as a rallying cry. There won't be many domains so they might as well be named after the race they are rallying. To say that humans miss out when they have something like 88% percent of the rest of the book is just silly. Unlike the humans the beastials wont have a domain for every day of the week, every type of weapon, and every profession. They have so little that it falls under the name of their race.

Take the Troll Domain as an idea. What else can cement a number of trolls into a group? Food runs out. They don't respect any local authority for long. "I'm going to eat your arm again" gets tiring. A divine leader with something to offer is plausible.

They won't have a lot of dogma or church apparatus but if they can get a cleric what would the cleric use? Some sort of payoff makes the union credible. If they could be kept together, even 40 or 50 of them, they are a much more affective force. A religious leader like this, used rarely, represents an interesting game change and a good resource for the DM.

But of course you can make any domain you like. Even (another) human centric domain.

Sigurd

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
To say that humans miss out when they have something like 88% percent of the rest of the book is just silly. Unlike the humans the beastials wont have a domain for every day of the week, every type of weapon, and every profession.

Sigurd

Kinda like my daughter asking, on Father's/Mother's Day, "Why isn't there a kids day?" :D

Walking Dad

First Post
Kinda like my daughter asking, on Father's/Mother's Day, "Why isn't there a kids day?" :D

Ain't there a 'World's Children Day' ? I think it is for everything else.

About the troll example... Nice, and now explain the same for dwarfs. Usually unorganized? Need a domain to bring them together?

Sylrae

First Post
I sortof am, but I've been covering other FR material lately and not domains, though I'm going to have to come back to them to be able to run an FR game.

Remove ads