• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Physical Copy

I was happy to read the .pdf before I got my hard copy with Monday's mail. Thank you, paizo, for sending out the free .pdf when you shipped hard copies. That was a very nice courtesy.

Some things I would like to see improved for future issues include: non-glossy paper (I like to make notes in ink and the type of paper used for Burnt Offerings does not take ink that well), larger print (looks like you guys tried to save printing costs by reducing the font and trying to cram as much as possible onto each page), and better editing (I caught a few typos that look like they're the sort of thing a human eye would catch but that MS Word might miss).

Overall, I commend you for your excellent product, thank you for the seamless customer service (thank you, Cosmo), and wish you well on your future endeavors.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Just "flipped" through some of the pdf I just downloaded. Looks very nicely done! I think I'll wait for my hardcopy to arrive, though, since I still have lots of D&D stuff to read at the moment... :D

catsclaw227

First Post
I got mine yesterday, but I am out on business, and my wife called me to tease me. FYI -- I live in Raleigh/Durham part of NC for those wondering about shipping times.

I can't complain about shipping times. I got a "We shipped it" e-mail from Paizo on a Tuesday and I had my copy in hand the following Monday. Considering I live in Hawaii and the product shipped via USPS, that's not doing too badly at all.

Woas

First Post
I got my copy too.
After the announcement about Dragon and Dungeon being canceled, I kicked myself because for a couple years now I kept putting off getting a subscription. I finally threw down and decided to get in on the ground level. If it turned out good I'd keep going.
Flipping though it and so far so good. I got both Pathfinder and the Players Guide. The only thing I could say I found disappointing, and this is completely a personal thing and not meant to spawn any off topic debate, was the heavy... dare I say it... here goes, "anime" art style for many of the NPC portraits. Oh well. Otherwise its nice.

Agamon

Adventurer
Just got my email. Looking forward to checking it out...after customs does, anyway. Actually, I hope it's lettermail like the mags and not small parcel. Not sure I want to pay customs to look at my PF book every month.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's a real buzz to actually see Pathfinder for real for me, at least, and as cool as Pathfinder 1, is, I think I can say that the ones to follow will be even better! For one... Pathfiner 1 was really rushed, and there's a few warts on it here and there. Nothing huge, but doing it and finishing Dungeon and prepping for Gen Con all at the same time was pretty crazy: I'm kind of flabbergasted we got it out in time for Gen Con at all!

Anyway... I'm pretty confident that we'll have much fewer typos/editing errors in the future, if only because we'll be back to working only one full-time job rather than two. Trust me... it's pretty crazy what the old human eye can miss when you're doing 70 hour weeks three months running! :)

The font, I'm afraid, we're stuck with through this adventure path, but come the next one (Curse of the Crimson Throne) we'll very likely be switching up to a different font that's not quite so tiny looking.

ANYway... keep the comments coming! I'll be here lurking and taking notes to make sure that Pathfinder only gets better wtih each month!

James Jacobs said:
The font, I'm afraid, we're stuck with through this adventure path, but come the next one (Curse of the Crimson Throne) we'll very likely be switching up to a different font that's not quite so tiny looking.

Cool. Great work and thanks for taking feedback!

Garnfellow

Explorer
Got mine Monday, and have been going through it slowly. So far, it looks fantastic . . . I'll definitely post a review soon.

I honestly had some doubts about the Pathfinder project, but just from what I've read so far, the first installment has sold me on this series.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Oh, and I love what they did with the stat blocks, too. A couple of tweaks that people have been asking for seem to have been applied, which is great fan service (Hit Dice formula is added, etc.)

Cheers,
Cam

Remove ads