Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Physical Copy

Thurbane

First Post
JoshuaFrost said:
I can confirm that Australian distributors have ordered Pathfinder #1. They should be available in stores sometime in the next couple of weeks in Australia. Ask your local store for details.
Excellent news, thanks very much. I'll ask my store to keep a copy aside for me. :D

Jubilee

First Post
Treebore said:
No, only charter subscribers get them. If you did not start up a subscription account, as I did despite getting Dungeon replacements, you odn't get the free print version, only the PDF version everyone got.

Yes, I have since discovered that I was supposed to complete the checkout process with the subscription in my cart to become a charter member. I thought it was in my cart to remind me I had subscribed, not that I had to do anything about it! *sigh*

oh well..

/ali

EyeontheMountain

First Post
I am international (Japan) and I got my email today, and got my pfd downloaded. Supposedly my hard copy is in the mail.

BTW, I am not a suscriber, I am just getting this first issue of Pathfinder in lieu of two issues of Dungeon.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
I am international (Japan) and I got my email today, and got my pfd downloaded. Supposedly my hard copy is in the mail.

BTW, I am not a suscriber, I am just getting this first issue of Pathfinder in lieu of two issues of Dungeon.

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
I got mine Tuesday evening (aug. 28th) and have flipped through a bit. I'm very impressed with the production values, though I haven't had the time to absorb the actual material yet. One thing I really like, though, and I'm probably a freak, is the smell. I LOVE that fresh ink scent, it reminds me of opening new packs of boosters for Magic: the Gathering back in the day. I associate it with friends, fun and GAMES!!! :)

Like I said, freak. ;)

Great work Paizo, keep 'em coming!

rom90125

Banned
Banned
I love it. My biggest disappointment is that they are eventually converting over to 4e...I would love to see Paizo continue to support 3.5e...

DM_Jeff

Explorer
rom90125 said:
I love it. My biggest disappointment is that they are eventually converting over to 4e...I would love to see Paizo continue to support 3.5e...

Providing James Jacobs doesn't mind me copying and pasting his response to this on the Paizo boards...

1: Pathfinder will continue to use 3.5 rules through the end of "Curse of the Crimson Throne," which ends in Pathfinder #12.

2: We can't say if Pathfinder will switch to 4th Edition until we've had a chance to see those rules, examine the OGL that goes with it, and make sure that the new rules work with the type of adventures we want to print. If all of that is favorable, the earliest Pathfinder will switch to 4.0 will be with #13, next Gen Con. If the above conditions aren't met to our satisfaction, Pathfinder will continue using the 3.5 rules. Personally, I'm optimistic that the 4.0 rules are going to be pretty solid.

-DM Jeff

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I have my pdf. It's beautiful.

I don't have my print copy. I'm sure that will arrive soon.

Comments: a low resolution version of the PDF would be nice. I'm sure you abhor the thought of mangling your lovely artwork, but a smaller & lighter file size would make reading easier.

edit: print copy received!

Last edited:

Miln

Explorer
Love it!

This is one of the best RPG books I have read! The only others I can remember liking this much were Book of the Righteous and Ptolus.

The production quality is great (I actually like the font), the world being described just oozes with interesting flavor (their take on Goblins, need I say more), and so far the adventure looks to be a lot of fun (it's only 1 of 6, but so far so good).

Sorry if I sound like a fanboy, but right now, I'm very pleased with my purchase! Good job Piazo.

Remove ads