• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] Planning on switching to Pathfinder?

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Switching, no. Using as a deep source of house rules and as a reference ... yes.

This is me also. Will I be switching to Pathfinder wholesale? No.

I will, however, be borrowing heavily from it for my houseruled 3.5 games. I'll be using bits from Pathfinder, Trailblazer, and possibly even The Tome of Secrets. But even though I'm not switching wholesale, you can bet your patooty I'm buying all three.

Aus_Snow

First Post
On balance, I like the changes they've made. Or, the ones I'm aware of at this point, that should be.

So yes, I'm buying the books, and will probably use them. My tendency is to house rule every system I GM, and I doubt this'll be the sole exception. IOW, it mightn't end up as pure Pathfinder, but is more likely to be some mixture of 3.PF, 3.5, 3.0, 3PP material, and my own stuff. (!)

We'll see. When the book arrives, I might just fall in love with the game, and that's that.

alleynbard

First Post
Surprisingly, yes. Our group is putting 4e "on hold" to play in a Pathfinder Ptolus campaign using Dungeonaday.com. Oh, this is all converted to Golarion, just because I love the world. So, despite the fact I thought I was done with 3e, Paizo has convinced me that is not true. If things go the way I think they will, 4e will no longer be the preferred option at my table.

catsclaw227

First Post
Well, I am buying it. It is preordered and I should be seeing it soon from Amazon, assuming since I ordered it months ago, I was on the intial print run. (I know.... lots of assumptions here).

But I run 4e. And I will use it in case I decide to run an Paize AP in Golarion. I will use the PF rules.

Qualidar

First Post
My Shackled City game is almost at the end, so we'll finish it using 3.5.

Once the SCAP is finished I'm starting Paizo's Legacy of Fire. I'll run that with the Pathfinder rules.

The Second Darkness campaign I'm playing in just started with the Beta rules, and I expect we'll switch over, possibly keeping some of the beta options.

My other Shackled City game is sort of a fill in game. If we continue with it, I may switch over, or not. TBD.

I'm about to start an Eberron game. That will be Pathfinder.

I'm also going to pick up my Oriental Adventures game again, but I'll be converting that over to M&M.

dm4hire

Explorer
We're switching over to Pathfinder in my home campaign and my gaming club will be picking up the Society stuff full swing now that it's finally coming out, as many were worried they'd have to make new characters once Year 1 started or didn't want to go through the conversion (which is what is actually happening for those who played in Year 0).

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Not at the moment, but it's probably only a matter of time before I reverse-engineer my own Frankenstein system from it. 4e doesn't satisfy me very much, but I'm ready to get rid of some of the 3e things that Pathfinder still is leaving in-tact. There's no satisfying middle ground with these two. ;)

kitsune9

Adventurer
Anybody planning on switching to pathfinder and if so from what?

My guess is that there will be a lot of 3.5 upgrades and a few 4e downgrades(?).

I definitely dumped 3.5 for Pathfinder. Pathfinder has what I'm looking for in terms of a new edition for 3.5.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads