• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Player's Guide?

Evenglare

Adventurer
I really like what Monte Cook is doing with Numenera making a core book and player's guide for JUST the players. I would like it if pathfinder did something similar so I could buy a couple of them for players at my table. It would be really nice if they were around $20, I'd even be fine if they were paperback. Anyone else?

Nagol

Unimportant
The unfortunate thing about player guides is they don't react to DM fiddling.

GM to new player said:
Oh, you have the Player's Guide, great!
By the way, ignore the Principlaity of Oblivion -- it's now the Happy Dark Resorts - I'll try to get some specific notes together if necessary.
Oh and the rulers of these three domains are different...
And that forest is really a Faerie Woord -- wouldn't want you to wander in there by accident!
Oh and that river? It now snakes up like this. Yeah it is pretty weird how it seems to be flowing uphill. Maybe you should think about taking a look?
Starting location? I think that's mostly the same... except for the mayor... and the named power factions -- they don't exist in the open here... oh and there is a dragon that brokers peace over the area..." Other than that, evrythings the same -- on the surface at least.

Wycen

Explorer
What would make a Players Guide a players guide? Or, to make a short question longer, aren't the Advanced Players Guide and Advanced Race Guide just larger versions of that?

What about the guides made for each individual Adventure Path?

Kinak

First Post
It really depends what you want. If you're looking for setting, then there's the Inner Sea Primer. There are also the ones for individual Adventure Paths (if you're using or adapting one) and various countries.

As far as abridged rules, though, there isn't much of anything like that.

Cheers!
Kinak

Evenglare

Adventurer
Yeah Im talking about taking all the corebook stuff out and leaving the PLAYERS stuff in the book. It wouldnt be any different really just a thinner easier to manage book.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Here is the Numenera Player's Guide description.
The Numenera Player’s Guide

Just like it sounds, this is a guidebook aimed at players. It’s short–only 64 pages–and includes only material for the corebook. In other words, there’s nothing in the Player’s Guide that isn’t in the corebook. However, it’s very useful, because there’s no need to hand a new player a 416-page rulebook to get them started. It has only the material that a player needs to get a feel for the game and the setting, and to create a character. More or less, it’s a distilled version of the first three sections of the corebook that I listed above.

There are a lot more products in the line-up, but these two form the foundation of the line.

http://www.montecookgames.com/numenera-product-line-up-part-1/

The Pathfinder stuff is all OGC, you could try making your own... C&P it from the Paizo SRD into a nice-looking document and take it to a copy shop to print a few copies.

Kinak

First Post
It may not be what you're looking for, but there is a 64-page distillation of the rules in the Beginner Box. It might be worth grabbing the PDF and seeing what you think.

But if you want them to create a new product, I'd suggest asking at their forums. They're quite responsive there, but you're unlikely to get their attention from all the way over here.

The Pathfinder stuff is all OGC, you could try making your own... C&P it from the Paizo SRD into a nice-looking document and take it to a copy shop to print a few copies.
This is what I'd do, personally, but half my players are crazy and voluntarily read the Core Rulebook.

Cheers!
Kinak

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads