PATHFINDER: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
THE SHACKLED HUT: N1 The Cauldron Room
So here I am picking up the pieces again, after having spent some time on my Feat Compendium work and the H1-E3 Orcus Conversion. With some new energy it was fun getting back and attacking the conversion of Zorka as well as doing some modifications of the adventure with a new animated kitchen trap, as well as a small skill challenge with Zorka [Page 46-47, 49, 70].

I have also created a new ritual of the Kikomora Hidey-Hole ability [Page 57]. I think this is a good example of how 4th Edition could have evolved. Giving monsters rituals, not only give them off-battle abilities, but also inspires one as a DM how to use the monsters when building new encounters and the background of the adventure. It also clearly shows how monsters are using rituals in-between battles.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!
You can buy them from www.paizo.com online store.

1. People of the North
2. The Snows of Summer (Path #67)
3. The Shackled Hut (Path #68)

/Myrhdraak

Also read my: H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

Last edited:

Myrhdraak

Explorer
THE SHACKLED HUT: N2 The Map Room
Converted the bone golem encounter in the Map Room [Page 47-48]. There is actually a 4th Edition version of the Bone Golem, which I used as a default. As always when converting from Pathfinder/3.5 Edition to 4th Editilon you have to add more monsters to make the figt relevant, so I created a controller version of the Bone Golem and gave it some of the Pathfinder Bone Prison touch. It could be a tough challenge for the players but if they have managed to get Zorka to trust them, they might very well have taken an extended rest before facing these monsters.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
THE SHACKLED HUT: Adding Last Treasures
I have added the last treasures of the Shackled Hut conversion. I will have a look at adding Area Features to the encounters as well, and maybe some map if it is needed. Maybe it will be ready for Christmas?

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
THE SHACKLED HUT: Battle Map and Area Features
I have started adding Area Features for Encounter Event1 to A2. I have also provided a battle map for the Encounter A2: Mossy Cave [Page 83-84]. I have modified an existing map made by Michael K. Turney.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
THE SHACKLED HUT: Battle Map for Event 3
I have added a great map created by Michael K. Turney. I think it fits very well to the Event 3 encounter with the lost boy. I have also added a compressed RAR file with all the maps for your convinience.

1. People of the North
4. Reign of Winter Conversion Maps

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
THE SHACKLED HUT: More Battle Maps
I have added a another map to the portfolio. I am starting to realize that there is quite a lot of encounters in the Shackled Hut which are lacking maps, and there are quite few "winter" maps around. Question is if I should drop the map creation and area feature part and move on with the conversion, or do you appreciate having ready maps?

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Pour

First Post
Personally, I love having the maps, though if it's dragging you down, I can always scare up my own. I've already bought the interactive maps for the path, though many of them aren't the best resolution. Yours are wonderful, but again don't break your back if it becomes too much.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Ok, here is some more modified maps from 4th Edition sources. I have given them a more wintry theme. Fitting to be doing this right during Christmas season :)

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Now I have added more maps to up until F2 the Fishcamp guards. I have also uploaded the full maps in the Map File.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases