• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Society

NiTessine

Explorer
So, anyone else here playing Pathfinder Society?

I've been running the campaign in Finland with some other DMs ever since Season 0 started a year ago. Thus far, we've run over 70 sessions, with an active player pool in the low thirties.

I'm also on my third character, thus far, after my cleric of Cayden Cailean got critted with a longbow and knocked from full hit points to around -18 in his first session, and my fourth-level Chelaxian fighter/monk found himself going solo against a melee-heavy BBEG and her pets. My current character is Absalom Dzhownz, a dwarf ranger 2, working for the Osirians.

Overall, I feel pretty good about the campaign. It's no Living Greyhawk yet, but the quality of the modules has been going up steadily, and we've yet to see any as bad as the worst of RPGA. Then, none I have played have been as good as the best, either.

I've yet to play any of the Season 1 modules or most of the late Season 0's (repeated character deaths make it hard to reach the high-tier modules), but initial reports are very positive, especially about the new faction missions.

lrsach01

Explorer
I ran the first two scenarios at GenCon. The first was written especially well. It ran easily for a con game but there is plenty of "open area" for more detailed home play. The second was more of a strict "delve" and ran quick for a con game.

kitsune9

Adventurer
So, anyone else here playing Pathfinder Society?

I've been running the campaign in Finland with some other DMs ever since Season 0 started a year ago. Thus far, we've run over 70 sessions, with an active player pool in the low thirties.

I'm also on my third character, thus far, after my cleric of Cayden Cailean got critted with a longbow and knocked from full hit points to around -18 in his first session, and my fourth-level Chelaxian fighter/monk found himself going solo against a melee-heavy BBEG and her pets. My current character is Absalom Dzhownz, a dwarf ranger 2, working for the Osirians.

Overall, I feel pretty good about the campaign. It's no Living Greyhawk yet, but the quality of the modules has been going up steadily, and we've yet to see any as bad as the worst of RPGA. Then, none I have played have been as good as the best, either.

I've yet to play any of the Season 1 modules or most of the late Season 0's (repeated character deaths make it hard to reach the high-tier modules), but initial reports are very positive, especially about the new faction missions.

I haven't gotten into Pathfinder Society, but this is on my to do list because once my group converts over, I plan on having game days with the mods. I am also to run my Golarion campaign in the same format that Pathfinder society does, but I'll have my own houserules for that campaign. I've been a big fan for the RPGA as playing in the campaign over the years allowed me to meet other players who were more like-minded in game rule interpretations and rulings.

qstor

Adventurer
Yeah I played last year at GenCon. I played all the mods offered this year expect 23 which I played already.

It's pretty good. Some of the mods are spotty. I really like the Prince of Augustana.

Mike

Remove ads